Partners In Health (PIH) is conducting contact tracing and care resource coordination across Massachusetts in support of the state’s COVID-19 response efforts. PIH is also broadly committed to health as a human right. COVID-19 reveals the historical and ongoing legacy of structural violence and inequality. Part of treating COVID-19 is treating the social determinants of health. PIH aims to elevate the voices of people affected by and at highest risk of contracting COVID-19. It is committed to using data and patient stories to advocate for systems change. This position will create a state government accompaniment platform and lead relations with governmental and non-governmental agencies to respond beyond the immediate COVID-19 service delivery.
This is a grant funded term position through April 2021, with possibility of extension.
PIH state government accompaniment Platform Development
- Synthesize PIH’s learnings on the priorities and needs of neighbors facing acute on chronic challenges in Massachusetts – COVID-19, poverty, racism and structural violence – to form an accompaniment agenda
- Conduct power mapping as a tool to better understand and leverage relationships and networks.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and leverage existing civil society and community-led efforts to amplify grassroots efforts
- Share lessons learned with the broader PIH US Public Health Accompaniment Unit (USPHAU)
- Conduct regular, active outreach to key government partners and decision-makers to share PIH’s work, including managing relationships with the highest executive contacts who are critical to collaborate with in addressing needs of vulnerable people in pandemic response
- Elevate the voice of people facing structural challenges in Massachusetts in the broader movement for global health equity by sharing our successes and challenges
- Maintain a consistent presence in any relevant coalitions to ensure maximum coordination with other civil society organizations
Government Relations Strategy Lead
- Develop PIH’s state government relations strategy in Massachusetts in partnership with the PIH Contact Tracing Collaborative leads to broaden our engagement with state officials in agencies relevant to pandemic response and supporting vulnerable people
- Articulate and share PIH’s local government engagement strategy with key internal stakeholders and support in operationalizing the strategy in collaboration with other team members in advocacy and communications teams
- Identify opportunities to provide input to technical processes, guidelines development and policy briefs, white papers, Op Eds.
- 5+ years of experience and substantial background in organizing preferred.
- Knowledge of the government affairs landscape in the state particularly as it relates to cross-sector collaboration and advocacy initiatives in MA
- Knowledge of and experience with MA state lobbying rules and lobbying rules that apply to 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with external stakeholders
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills required to interact effectively with senior leadership, partners, and clinicians on sensitive political and confidential issues.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and state.
- Excellent ability to manage communication flow and ensure the right people have the right information at the right time
- Strong networking skills, including abilities to identify key strategic partners and cultivate relationships effectively
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, including an ability to articulately speak about PIH’s work and vision
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org