InterAction’s Humanitarian Policy and Practice (HPP) Team seeks to shape the policies that guide humanitarian response through the work of its Policy Team. InterAction requires a Manager to work with the Director of Humanitarian Policy in representing the NGO voice in policy discussions and the development of humanitarian guidance. The Manager will lead work related to humanitarian financing as well as on partnership with United Nations agencies and US government humanitarian agencies.
Humanitarian Financing and Reform Initiatives
• Lead InterAction’s work following humanitarian financing policy trends and support InterAction engagement in humanitarian financing discussions.
• Undertake InterAction’s ongoing engagement with the Grand Bargain including with specific workstreams. This includes tracking progress across Grand Bargain commitments and facilitating best practice exchange on Grand Bargain related topics among InterAction members.
• Serve as an NGO representative in Grand Bargain meetings, including relevant workstreams and workshops.
• Spearhead NGO consultation, information exchange and messaging/written product development, particularly in advance of high-level meetings.
• Support the Director of Humanitarian Policy on work related to humanitarian reform and partnering practices within the US government humanitarian agencies and offices.
• Lead InterAction’s working groups focused on NGO partnership with the United Nations humanitarian agencies—including those focused on UNHCR and the World Food Program.
• Monitor trends and policy development at key UN agencies as they relate to practices in partnering with NGOs in humanitarian operations.
• In close coordination with relevant NGO networks, promote dialogue and information exchange between NGOs and the UN humanitarian agencies on partnering practices and their relationship with the NGO community.
Other tasks as requested
• Contribute to donor research, grant proposals, project and budget monitoring, and donor reporting for policy initiatives.
• Represent InterAction in external meetings and events as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least five years of experience working for an NGO or international organization (preferably a mixture of program implementation and global policy-oriented work)
• Field experience highly desired, including working on coordinated, inter-agency humanitarian response
• Solid knowledge of the humanitarian architecture, humanitarian financing, UN and US government humanitarian partnering practices and issues impacting the humanitarian response environment
• Strong written, organizational and verbal communications skills, including presentation experience
• Experience managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and relationships with external actors
• Excellent judgment in creative problem solving and proven interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
• Availability for domestic and international travel.
Please email your resume and cover letter with subject line containing: Program Manager--Policy. The position will remain open until filled, but applications received before September 10 are preferred. Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org