This is a notice for a Chief of Party position for a new US Dept of State, BPRM Shelter and Livelihoods Cooperative Agreement. The Chief of Party is a key manager who must have 8 years of development experience, and some experience in the Middle East.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Place of Performance: Iraq (based in Erbil, with frequent travel to Duhok)
Duration and Start Date: Two years (extendable) anticipated project award with a start date of September 30, 2020.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Peace Winds is hiring a Chief of Party (COP), based in Erbil in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), to lead the implementation and management of a U.S. Government-funded project in 6 refugee camps in the governorates of Erbil and Duhok. The position is based in Erbil with travel to Duhok. The primary objectives of the two-year project include shelter upgrades for refugees in the camps and improved infrastructure and accessibility for persons with disabilities (PwD). The COP position will be based in Erbil with frequent travel to Duhok and will be responsible for overall project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, project team management, project budget control, local level coordination and networking, and community and other stakeholders' involvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
* An advanced university degree in International Development, Development Economics, Management, or relevant subject area, or equivalent of at least 10 years of managerial experience is required.
* Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated International Development sector project management experience in developing countries is required.
* Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents is required.
* Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner is required.
* Experience in the Middle East is required.
* Exceptional interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills are required.
* Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team is required.
* Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Regional colloquial Arabic or modern standard Arabic (MSA) ability is desirable but not required.
* Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation is required.
* Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders and project beneficiaries is required.
* Experience living and working in challenging, stressful and potentially conflict environments is desired.
* Experience working on USAID/DOS projects in Iraq is highly desired.
* Experience with USG projects is required.
Interested individuals must send their CV, cover letter, and a list of three (3) references referencing the position in the subject line. Any questions concerning this position can also be directed to this address.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org