ALDA is currently looking for 4 facilitators in France and Belgium (2 per country, 1 native Dutch-speaker and 1 native French-speaker for Belgium) who will support a youth debate contest punctually all year long (as of 2021).
The debate tournament falls within the Raising Awareness objective to mobilize young EU citizen as driver of change. The tournament will be done for two age categories (teenagers of 16-19-year-old and for university students from 19-26-year-old) and will include up to 500 people per country.
Topics that students are invited to discuss are global issues such as: human rights, inclusion, participation, environmental protection, non-discrimination, migration and development, youth policies. Specifically, the national and pan-European finals will focus on climate change and migration, also highlighting the interconnection to the current development model, our economic system, and our own lifestyle.
In order to manage debates on those topics related to climate induced migration, the external facilitator is expected to:
- Facilitate the debate tournament in several steps which include:
- Providing training sessions to educators from a panel of several schooling institutions (high schools and universities);
- Coach educators, teachers and their students about the topics that will be discussed and the debate methodology;
- Elaborate the tournament methodology in a creative way that will be used during the tournament;
- Facilitating the debates by enabling an open discussion on chosen topics and supporting groups to articulate their point of view in an accessible way;
- Moderating the debates in keeping a neutral position during the interaction between the groups.
- Become the reference person for the country, in support to the project manager, for the following:
- Support the Climate of Change campaign during this mission by disseminating information and results about the project within her/his network;
- Support the Outreach tasks in the recruitment of schools, educators, and students from their region.
You are passionate about environmental issues, climate change, migration, and the youth. In addition, you are/have:
- Diplomatic, sociable, and dynamic;
- Experience in teaching, speaking in public, and/or group animation;
- Experience in moderating debates physically and/or digitally;
- Experience with online tools for webinars and digital debates;
- A degree or similar experience as teacher, university lecturer, or journalist;
- Prior knowledge to climate change and/or youth political mobilisation is an asset;
- Prior experience with EU Funded projects is an asset;
- English, and native French or Dutch-speaker.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org