The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) is currently seeking to hire a motivated and experienced Policy Adviser – EU Public Affairs to join its team ideally as of November 2020.
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and working closely with the EU Public Affairs and Communications departments, the Policy Adviser – EU Public Affairs’ main responsibility will be to implement an effective Public Affairs strategy targeting the EU Institutions mainly in the fields of transportation, environment, climate change, energy, digitalisation, consumer rights and internal market.
- Pro-actively following issues of interest for CER in the Commission, Council and European Parliament, monitoring procedures, timelines and debriefing colleagues and CER members;
- Monitoring the political and policy debate and ensuring distribution of relevant information to colleagues and CER members;
- Developing and maintaining a personal network with the key players in the EU institutions;
- Contributing to CER communication activities, among which events, the CER internal newsletter, social media and other CER publications;
- Foster and coordinate multi-stakeholder (national governments, EU Institutions, EU associations, international companies, NGOs) alliances to achieve common strategic goals;
- Promote and maintain regular exchanges with EU Institutional actors to create awareness about the association’s positions.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience (either in the Commission, Parliament, Council and Member States’ Permanent Representations, or by representing private sector’s interests in the EU arena);
- Solid knowledge of the European Union’s decision-making processes, legislative procedures and actors;
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent writing skills. Any additional major European language, in particular German and/or French, is considered a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work combined with an autonomous working style;
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude;
- Ability to thrive under pressure and keep to tight deadlines;
- Team player, able to build good working relationships with colleagues;
- Recognised commitment to ethics and transparency.
We offer a multi-cultural, dynamic and professionally enriching working environment.
Terms and conditions are competitive, depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) brings together close to 70 railway undertakings, their national associations as well as infrastructure managers and vehicle leasing companies.
CER’s role is to represent the interests of its members on the EU policy-making scene, in particular to support an improved business and regulatory environment for European railway operators and railway infrastructure companies.
Qualified candidates should send a maximum one page cover letter and a CV electronically.
Applications will be treated in confidence.
Potential applicants that do not meet the requirements are kindly asked to refrain from applying.
The closing date for applications is 16 October 2020.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org