This is a key position in the organisation that will seek to increase PICUM’s reach and impact by implementing PICUM’s strategic digital communications, social media strategy and by managing the production of all PICUM’s major written and audio-visual outputs. We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual who can mobilise our network, reach new audiences, and increase our impact.
You will work alongside our staff, members, and partners to support and manage the production of content to promote the work of our network, mobilise supporters, reach new audiences, and enlist the support of intergovernmental institutions, national policy makers, the media, social movements, funders, and segments of the general public. Working closely with our advocacy team and member organisations, you will identify opportunities to engage, and jointly with the Communication Officer, implement and evaluate integrated multimedia strategies across multiple platforms. You will work closely with PICUM’s Communications Officer, the Office Manager and the Communications trainee and will report to PICUM’s Deputy Director.
Digital and Social Media
- Together with the Communications Officer, manage and develop PICUM’s current digital platforms and tools (website, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, videos, webinars/webcasts, database), and explore the use of new channels and formats (including specific tools for non-profit sector, data visualisation, analytics, media monitoring);
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Officer to co-ordinate and generate actions and coverage to maximise PICUM’s communications impact across media platforms;
- Support the engagement of PICUM members in digital channels and action, including opportunities for storytelling and information sharing on members work and activities for a variety of audiences;
- Implement PICUM’s content management system, managing the analytics function and measuring impact, and work with external providers to ensure optimal technical maintenance of the website and database (CiviCRM);
- Create innovative and dynamic digital and visual content (including photos and video) for PICUM’s social media outlets, overseeing digital stakeholder mapping and engagement.
Production and Design
- Manage the production (editing, design input, overseeing production with external contractors) and translation of PICUM publications, annual report, and other materials (brochures, flyers, infographics, etc.);
- Support compilation of PICUM’s monthly newsletter, and develop new ways for dissemination in digital spaces;
- Produce and help other staff and partners to produce audio-visual material, as well as support strategic dissemination towards external audiences through online content (website, social media, blogs);
- Ensure activities and outputs are completed within budget and in accordance with PICUM procedures and contractual obligations, seeking input from Financial Director where necessary;
- Coordinate PICUM’s network of volunteer translators and proof-readers, including issuing calls of interest to meet production requirement, volunteers’ engagement opportunities, feedback etc.
- Support other staff with communications outputs, in-house training, online meeting production;
- Together (or in rotation) with the Communications Officer, manage the recruitment, supervision and evaluation of PICUM’s Communication Trainee;
- Together with the Office Manager, coordinate and manage PICUM’s data protection responsibilities;
- Respond to related information inquiries and other external correspondence with PICUM members, network and general public;
- Contribute to meeting PICUM’s commitments to current funders, by monitoring and reporting on PICUM’s activities and achievements;
- Strategise with PICUM staff, Board and members, as appropriate, to develop PICUM’s strategic and work planning, including short, medium and long-term objectives, and provide support for funding proposals;
- Work flexibly alongside other members of the PICUM team to take on reasonable tasks as appropriate over and above those set above;
- Ability to undertake occasional travel and out-of-hours work.
- Understanding and experience of the power of traditional and digital communications and how to harness it, ability to effectively measure success and impact and willingness to keep yourself up to date with new methods and tools;
- Excellent multimedia skills, including proven experience with website content management, publications and other public information tools;
- Strong organisational skills, initiative and follow-through, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and juggle multiple tasks, and ability to work independently;
- Friendly, flexible and supportive communication style with colleagues, external contractors, members and partners;
- Experience in photo editing and design with Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign, as well as video skills, audio editing etc.;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Motivated and creative with a strong sense of professionalism, prioritisation and initiative;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven experience in in positions with tasks closely related to the ones described above;
- Fluency in other languages an asset (in particular PICUM’s working languages, French and/or Spanish);
- Experience in producing multimedia content, including creative storytelling using audio-visual and digital formats;
- A clear understanding of the situation facing undocumented migrants in the EU;
- Familiarity with the media environment at EU and national level;
- Knowledge of how the EU works;
- Lived experience of migration procedures from outside the EU and/or insecure residence status.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org