The Manager - Programmes will manage the Division’s programme portfolio on human rights, gender equality and social inclusion, culture and youth development. The role has responsibility for the management and oversight of all the programmes and projects delivered by the Division.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Programme Management;
- Leadership and Coordination;
- Organizational Strengthening and Capacity Building;
- Stakeholder and Partnership Engagement;
- Ongoing support to the Director.
- A master’s degree in sociology, development, anthropology, human rights, or any other social sciences from a recognized university.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience of at least 15 years in project or programme management including multi-donor development programmes and projects;
- Knowledge of programme management including in implementation, monitoring and evaluation in at least three of the areas of work - (human rights, gender, culture and youth);
- Knowledge of key global and regional frameworks for human rights and social development, particularly in gender, culture and youth development.
- Demonstrated experience working with PICTs senior government officials and development partners;
- Experience in working with development partners, NGOs and civil society organizations in the Pacific;
- Demonstrated strong people leadership capability with an ability to manage conflict.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with a working knowledge of French being an advantage.
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Cross-cultural skills and the ability to work with team members from different cultural backgrounds.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org