The Project Implementation Officer - Resilient Boundaries for the Blue Pacific Project will be responsible for assisting the countries understand and assess technical and legal issues concerning the impact of climate change on vulnerable base points. The officer will work with countries and expert contributors to assess and design management options for vulnerable features. The officer will support the project manager in tracking, implementing, and evaluating project activities. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinate the development of legal strategies to minimise climate change impacts on maritime boundaries with regards to jurisdictional rights;
- Design, coordinate and monitor risk assessments to assess climate change impacts and provide treatment options for vulnerable features;
- Contribute to project management activities including internal planning and execution and external advocacy and communication activities.
Key selection criteria
- A degree in a relevant field such as law of the sea, climate change, management and planning
Knowledge and experience
- At least 8 years professional experience working with Pacific island countries in areas relating to the law of the sea, especially maritime boundaries;
- At least 4 years of experience working in regional or international organisations to design and deliver donor-funded projects in the Pacific region;
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of multi-sector projects in a cross-cutting field such as climate change.
- Proven record of accomplishment in the monitoring and evaluation of project outputs;
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of multi-sector projects in a cross-cutting field such as climate change;
- Experience with multi-stakeholder participatory and consultative approaches including gender sensitive and rights-based approaches.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with a working knowledge of French being an advantage.
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the multicultural environment of the Pacific Islands.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org