The European Free Alliance (EFA) is a European Political Party, composed of forty-seven member parties across Europe. It works in close collaboration with its youth branch, EFAy and with the Coppieters Foundation, its think-tank foundation; as well as with the EFA group in the European Parliament and the European Alliance Group in the Committee of the Regions.
The core value of EFA is the promotion of the right to self-determination of peoples and nations in Europe and the world. EFA is headquartered in Brussels.
About the job offer
EFA is seeking to hire a Press and Communications Officer for its office in Brussels. The person will be responsible for the overall communications strategy of the organisation.
This is a full-time position for five (5) working days (38 hours) per week and will be part of an intercultural team. The contract starts on 4th January 2021, for an initial test period of 6 months. After an evaluation, a long-term contract may be offered.
EFA offers attractive conditions with competitive salary in line with seniority and work experience and a package of fringe benefits.
This call is open to candidates with journalism or communications background and with knowledge of the EU institutions. Relevant experience in political communications -preferably at EU level- and/or as an EU affairs journalist is a plus.
- Plan and implement the communications strategies of the organisation;
- Develop and disseminate communication events and campaigns;
- Handle media relations, EU correspondents, journalists and editors;
- Manage newsletters, press releases, press clippings, and other communication materials on EFA-related issues;
- Manage websites and social media accounts of the organisation;
- Create visual content (schemes, presentations, videos) to promote and increase the visibility of the organisation;
- Liaise and enhance communications activities and events with EFA member parties, EFA Group in the European Parliament and other stakeholders.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or its equivalent;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Full professional proficiency or native-level English, both oral and written, and at least one other European language;
- Excellent computer and content management skills with demonstrated expertise in developing communication campaigns;
- Expertise in website and social media management;
- Creative, proactive, output-oriented, independent and team player with ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Flexible, open minded and reliable with high level interpersonal, organisational and management skills;
- Willing to work in a horizontal organisation;
- Strong interest in EFA-related matters and values.
- Working experience in political communications -preferably at EU level and/or in EU affairs;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and the EU decision & policy-making process;
- Expertise in graphic design, visual creation and video making;
- Knowledge of French or German.
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in Belgium. Non-EU candidates are encouraged to apply and to verify the non-existence of obstacles for their employment, entrance and establishment in Belgium.
Interested candidates should send a CV in ENGLISH and a motivation letter to [email protected] with the Subject: EFA2020 Application – Press and Comm Officer.
Deadline of submission: 30 November 2020.
The procedure for the election of the candidate will be as follows:
- 3-4 December 2020: Short-listed candidates will be informed and invited for an initial interview;
- 7-11 December: initial interviews of short listed candidates will be held in the EFA office in Brussels (travel costs will be reimbursed) or remotely/online;
- 14-18 December: final interviews and decision on selected candidate. Unsuccessful candidates will also be informed;
- The new Communications Officer will start working on 4th January 2021 or at an arranged date in January 2021.
EFA provides equal opportunity employment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org