The Chief of Party will oversee all technical activities and staff with an adaptive management approach to project implementation. The Chief of Party will lead engagement efforts to closely collaborate with the relevant government agencies, international donor community and private sector actors to set the foundation for linking vulnerable youth, including young women, youth with disabilities to basic social resources of work, knowledge, security, and social capital to foster social inclusion through employment opportunities. The position will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Lead a team of technical experts and partners to engage business development services providers, networking organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to achieve project goals successfully and sustainably.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally driven, and adaptive management approach to project implementation;
- Facilitate the development of the project’s evolving theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, sharing learning, presenting progress, troubleshooting, and securing buy-in for strategic improvements that enable the project to maximize the scale and sustainability of its impact and the value of USAID’s investment;
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with other donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem.
- Master’s degree in business, education, development, or related field from an accredited university. A PhD, EdD, is preferred;
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Workforce Development, education, and youth development or directly related field;
- 10 years of relevant management, supervisory, or technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- Proven track record and experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education, and systems improvement;
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired;
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship programming, particularly working with social entrepreneurs;
- Ability to conceptualize how private and public sector education, workforce skills development, job placement, and job creation interact;
- Ability to build synergies and partnerships across the three components of PYE;
- At least 5 years of work experience in the education or workforce sector in Latin America ;
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org