FP is recruiting a full-time Marketing Associate to help drive Foreign Policy brand and product awareness and subscriber acquisition and engagement through marketing campaigns and strategic communications. FP is seeking a motivated professional committed to a high standard of quality and compelling deliverables in pursuit of expanding FP readership and prominence globally.
FP is a magazine of global news and ideas. We explain Washington to the world and the world to Americans—and we do that by covering big trends in not only security and defense but also issues surrounding technology, climate change and enery, health, finance and more. FP is more than just a magazine: We have a research division that has been at the forefront of research on gender parity, 5G, data, security, and more. Our podcast division is flourishing and includes successful shows I Spy and FP Playlist, And Now the Hard Part and Heat of the Moment.
What you'll do:
- Execute marketing activities to generate qualified subscription leads and drive engagement among existing subscribers
- Manage end-to-end marketing campaign process, from ideation through deployment
- Collaborate with the data team to ensure efforts can be tracked and measured, and distribute relevant reporting on campaign performance
- Adopt market insights into sales and marketing collateral (internal and external)
- Create marketing plans for FP product releases and subscriber events, including coordination with events and social media teams
- Distribute media advisories on key FP developments to curated outreach lists
- Build relationships with vital industry contacts (including TV, radio, and podcast) to promote FP products and talent
- Organize, deploy, and manage quarterly FP subscriber surveys
- Establish close working relationships with stakeholders across the business team
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to improve marketing team processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2-3 years of experience executing marketing campaigns in a business-to-consumer or business-to-business environment, particularly digital marketing
- Understanding of key marketing principles, specifically how and when different tactics should be used
- Demonstrated customer/market focus, reflected in marketing output
- Ability to think strategically about campaign activity and optimize results
- Strong project and time management skills, with attention to deliverables and deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and a collaborative work style
- Experience with any or all of the following: email marketing tools (specifically Marketo), Salesforce, social media marketing platforms, podcast promotion, and event production
- Exposure to and knowledge of the media and publishing industry, and demonstrated interest in geopolitics
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Helpful but not required:
- Comfortable writing promotional copy in various formats, including email, social media posts, digital and print advertisements, and more
- Familiar with digital advertising processes, specifically social advertising and Google Adwords
FP an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.