NOTE: WorldBoston is momentarily pausing applications through April 9th. Please wait to send your application, or expect a delay in our response.
WorldBoston is hiring a Manager of Operations and Global Engagement Programs. This Boston area based position is an outstanding opportunity to grow a career in nonprofit management with an international focus. Currently, most WorldBoston staff work virtually, but we anticipate a return to in-person work when health conditions permit.
The Manager of Operations and Global Engagement Programs oversees WorldBoston programs serving our local community, which includes business, academia, young professionals, local diplomats and foreign representatives, students, and internationally-minded individuals throughout the region. Responsibilities include creating and managing over 30 speaker events annually, including WorldBoston signature series Chat & Chowder and Great Decisions, as well as overseeing our flagship youth program Academic WorldQuest, and working with partners to co-host numerous other events throughout the year. Currently, these events are virtual, but eventually will return to in-person formats. This work involves identifying compelling topics, recruiting expert speakers, managing venues and/or virtual technology, and building audiences. Responsibilities include managing the organization’s communications and marketing, including outreach, membership, and social media. The Manager should be motivated by creating new connections and advancing WorldBoston’s reach, effectiveness, and visibility. This position is part of a management team overseeing interns, volunteers, and vendors.
This Manager also oversees key internal functions of WorldBoston, including physical and virtual work environment, online event registration and ticket and membership sales, interfacing with WorldBoston vendors and our IT and accounting consultants. Additional features of this position include:
● Creating clear and visually appealing newsletters to advertise WorldBoston events, using email marketing software
● Overseeing WorldBoston’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
● Keeping our website up-to-date
● Working with the President and other staff to maintain visibility on WorldBoston membership, event payments, and other critical operational elements
● Booking expenses and receipts
● Providing support to other programs as necessary
● Helping to steward existing sponsor and donor relationships
● Helping create new programs and find new funding sources
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401(k) opportunity, commuting subsidy where relevant, vacation, and state and federal holidays.
The successful candidate will bring the following qualities to the team:
● Passion for nonprofit excellence and international affairs
● Superior attention to detail and motivation for outstanding performance
● Initiative and interpersonal skills
● Collaboration in a lively team environment
● Ability to attract and interact well with participants and stakeholders from diverse local and international communities
● Best written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (required); experience with Squarespace (or similar website editor), QuickBooks, Salesforce, Canva, Zoom Meeting and Webinar is a plus
● Minimum bachelor’s degree in international affairs, nonprofit administration, or related field; master’s degree desirable
● At least 2-3 years of professional experience; examples of relevant experience include, but are not limited to, outreach, organizing events, and small office management, including management of interns
● Personal goals to grow and take on new responsibilities in a small team atmosphere
● Motivation to advance a mission-driven organization
● Ability to lift items up to 25 lbs.
● Availability to staff scheduled evening programs
Ready to join the WorldBoston team? Please email a resume and covering note to [email protected]. No telephone calls or inquiries, please.