Project Overview and Role:
The Senior Learning Specialist provides technical support and guidance to the project’s work in improving the literacy and numeracy outcomes of primary grade students. The Senior Learning Specialist’s work will be primarily concentrated in the areas of design of quality learning approaches, language appropriate materials development, and professional development of teachers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to the project team, USAID, and other stakeholders on high-quality and developmentally appropriate learning interventions;
- Supervise and provide quality assurance to the production of activity-supported materials, trainings, coaching, and student assessments;
- Provide leadership in organizing curation and authoring of materials that are leveled and differentiated to meet learning needs;
- Ensure that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including underserved populations and those in need of inclusive education;
- Support efforts aimed at building community and parent engagement for learning;
- Liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
- Manage, lead, and mentor technical staff.
- Experience in education;
- Experience in instructional development and support to education programs;
- Experience improving educational quality in developing countries; Guatemala preferred;
- Demonstrated experience improving evidence-based education programming including rural, multilingual, and underserved populations;
- Prior experience with the development and implementation of evidence-based education materials, and preferably materials in local languages, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish; and
- Proficiency in K’iche preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org