The Manager, Global Partnerships, Corporations and Foundations will play an integral role in helping Room to Read meet its annual goal of raising >$18 million from corporate and foundation donors globally as well as >$5 million in gifts-in-kind (GINKI) from major corporations through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of relationships. The Manager will contribute to the development and execution of Room to Read’s fundraising strategy to successfully secure funding from foundations and corporations, and will be responsible for working with Room to Read’s Executive Leadership Team as well as development staff in North America and across Room to Read’s global offices. This is a senior role within the Global partnerships team and we are looking for a dynamic, motivated, team player who is committed to our cause and has a track record of delivering results.
The position is based in San Francisco, and reports to the Associate Director, Global Partnerships, Corporations and Foundations (temporarily reporting to the Director, Global Partnerships).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Raise >$2.5 million per year from companies and foundations giving primarily $100,000+ each year. Build long-term relationships with corporate and foundation donors and prospects, identifying, cultivating and stewarding their interests.
- Collaborate with the Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to co-manage and provide support on key relationships and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan.
- Stay current with organizational strategies, operational plans, and program details in order to recommend and present potential funding opportunities to donors
- Identify growth areas across other Room to Read global markets and support corporate and foundation fundraising in those locations, as assigned. Coordinate with global office staff in remote offices to support those relationships and ensure coordination with the overall development strategy.
- Proactively lead efforts to build pipeline for high level grants, awards, and prizes from corporate and foundation donors, and collaborate across teams to pursue strategic opportunities.
- Develop strategies and craft messages and proposals centered branding and promotion such as for events sponsorships, in coordination with Marketing and Communications and international markets.
- Oversee business development activities for Room to Read’s innovative book licensing strategy and manage existing relationships and source new partners to drive our global book publishing efforts. Coordinate with team members across departments on this initiative.
- Management of the Global Partnerships – CF Associate and the Analyst – Global Partnerships CF.
- Contribute to the team’s efforts around obtaining and tracking gifts in kind (GINKI) or pro bono support from donors, particularly in the technology space.
- Participate and contribute to the Global Accounts Coordination Group to collaborate with other CF relationship managers globally.
- Create customized tools and resources for cultivation and stewardship activities to enhance the Global Partnership Team strategy across all markets
- Independently, or in collaboration with the Grants & Publications team, write, edit and/or coordinate clear, compelling written materials including concept papers, letters of inquiry, proposals, presentations, reports, and additional materials as needed.
- Work closely with Finance Department to ensure budgets and financial reports are appropriately represented.
- Work closely across other departments to craft innovative, unique funding proposals when required by the donor.
- Maintain current donor records in Salesforce, as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience to nonprofit fundraising process or client relationship management, preferably working with corporate and/or foundation philanthropy
- Knowledge of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Proven track record of obtaining corporate and foundation funding in the $100,000 to $250,000 gift range
- Strong presentation skills with ability to interpret and present programmatic and financial data to external stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational financial reports as well as project and program budgets
- Strong cross-cultural communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
Room to Read offers competitive pay with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org