Are you looking for a project management career with kingdom impact? Samaritan's Purse is a seeking a Chief of Party, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance in Shire, Ethiopia. Your management experience, technical abilities, and knowledge of Emergency Response Programs will help you excel in this position.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Direct and oversee the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Ensure project activities comply with international and Samaritan’s Purse standards and meet USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels, and provides accurate and timely financial reports to donors and appropriate Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia and International Headquarters staff.
- Establish and maintains effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet Samaritan’s Purse and donor requirements.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors, and Samaritan’s Purse partners to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Organize and direct the work of program staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals.
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Disaster Relief, International Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of international emergency response experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from 4-year college or university in Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college level Biblical studies is required.
- Exhibit character and integrity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and cultivate a strong team spirit.
- General knowledge of Shelter, WASH, Nutrition, and Health program implementation,
- Ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to understand donor and governmental funding requirements
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org