Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as U.S. government (USG) agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is seeking a Senior Program Assistant to support projects in the Impact Evaluation (IE) Division. The Senior Program Assistant reports to Program Managers on individual projects and a Senior Program Manager in the IE Division as their direct supervisor. This is a full-time, HQ-based position.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is a remote position through September 2022. When SI determines that it is safe for staff to return to the office, the Senior Program Assistant will be based in the Washington, DC-area.
- Under supervision of a Program Manager, provide technical support such as conducting desk research, assisting in the development and programming of survey instruments, managing and cleaning quantitative datasets, conducting qualitative coding, and supporting basic analysis as needed.
- Conduct regular quality control on quantitative and qualitative datasets, using SI’s standard quality control processes and with oversight from senior project staff.
- Under the supervision of a Program Manager, draft, format, and copy edit documents and reports, ensuring section 508 compliance on USG contract deliverables.
- Organize, schedule, and take notes in presentations and/or trainings.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including drafting consultant agreements, processing invoices, reconciling expenditures, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and other necessary insurances for traveling team members.
- Work with finance department to ensure that financial reporting requirements are being met and contribute to project budget monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Economics, Political Science, or another related subject.
- Minimum one year of work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to conduct data cleaning and basic analysis using Stata.
- Proactive, self-starting, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent, proactive verbal communication and writing skills.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Work or study experience abroad.
- Experience with electronic data collection programs (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO or other).
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org