Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
External and Corporate Relations context:
The External and Corporate Relations (ECR) Vice-Presidency's mandate is to strengthen the World Bank Group’s development impact by increasing awareness of, and political and economic support for the mission and work of the Group. ECR manages corporate communications and global engagement with key stakeholders, including media, civil society, private sector, donor countries, multilateral and international organizations (incl. G20, G7, MDBs, EU, OECD), as well as employee engagement within the Group. ECR is responsible for the Group's corporate online and social media presence, and produces content for a wide variety of platforms, including print, broadcast, and web. ECR also provides support to operations, Global Practices and CCSAs through specialized communication services, and leads the management of reputation risk.
The ECR Editorial and Digital (ECRED) department manages the World Bank’s external corporate presence and reputation through its digital platforms and channels, oversees employee engagement communications and provides insights and impact analysis of our communications work. We play a growing creative and content development role, including producing recorded and livestreamed programming for our own and external channels in support of the Bank’s top priorities.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. Others will be appointed a Term appointment of 4-year duration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As ECR’s Livestreaming Specialist you own the end-to end management of the World Bank’s live-streaming platform (World Bank Live), overseeing WBL’s editorial strategy and virtual event production, including running the technology for livestreaming on web and social media channels. You also play an important role in supporting the production of other corporate multimedia products.
• Lead on all technical aspects of livestreaming on World Bank Live and social media channels including operating software, trouble-shooting and updating tools and processes as business needs require.
• Serve as the focal point and convener for colleagues in IT, other business units and external guests as needed to support livestreaming – from discovery calls and dry-runs to streaming of live events.
• Identify and manage relationships with technology vendors that support the different aspects of livestreaming events (ie Q&A, polls, networking); continually innovate on livestreaming tools, techniques and approaches in order to reach and engage new audiences on ever-evolving platforms.
• Oversee the editorial calendar of World Bank Live events, prioritizing and selecting only that content that meets stated strategic objectives.
• Maintain the brand standards and content strategy for our livestreaming platform; adapt, advise and commission programming as needed – including on format, length, languages and other creative.
• Oversee the work of a consultant and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal social media and other promotion, as well as audience engagement techniques, are employed on event pages and related social media channels.
Senior Leadership/Corporate Support:
• Support the production of recorded and live engagements for the World Bank Group President and other senior leaders, as well as other signature multimedia products produced by ECRED.
• A Master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience developing, automating and implementing live streaming processes and workflows.
• Ability to bring in multiple remote guests and conduct fully virtual events, ability to live switch and use production and streaming software such as OBS, Ecamm Live, vMix, or Wirecast.
• Knowledge of hardware encoders and switchers – ATEM, Tricaster, Teradek products; Knowledge of streaming keys, RMTP, HLS, creating streaming profiles and live player embeds.
• Expertise in different Bank-supported meeting platforms and how they interface with live streaming (Zoom, Webex, Teams, Skype).
• Solid understanding of web technologies including browsers, platforms and devices, and how to use Restream to simulcast live events to multiple platforms
• Knowledge of Drupal CMS platform. Keen understanding of the evolving social media livestreaming landscape; produce livestreams on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Ability to incorporate live graphical overlays, multimedia, lower-thirds & custom PiP layouts.
• Basic knowledge and experience with multi-camera operation, audio/video editing software, (Final Cut or Premiere) and broadcasting equipment including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Proven ability to assess and identify reputational risk issues vis-à-vis the internal and external context of the World Bank Group. Strong interest in development issues.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to think strategically; translate and integrate audience insight and data into actionable communications.
• Proven ability to work both independently and in diverse teams in a multicultural setting with strong attention to detail and minimal supervision.
• Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients at all levels, and to exercise judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential matters.
• Personal organization skills to take initiative, personal ownership, and accountability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and achieve agreed-upon results.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Sound judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines and retain grace under pressure.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org