Climate Alliance is looking for a dynamic, proactive and motivated candidate with strong coordination and networking skills and a good understanding of the EU policy-making processes with a focus on municipal climate action, in addition to relevant project experience in energy- and climate-related areas. His/her tasks will include:
POLICY & ADVOCACY
- take the lead on the development and implementation of the Climate Alliance’s policy and advocacy strategies;
- analyse and follow-up closely the EU policy developments on energy and climate , and issue relevant policy statements;
- coordinate the policy work of Climate Alliance and mobilise relevant colleagues and/or member cities as needed;
- establish and/or maintain regular contacts and exchanges with the EU institutions and any other relevant (Brussels-based) stakeholders;
- ensure synergies with related projects and working groups as well as related communications activities carried out by Climate Alliance;
- ensure effective communication to the member cities, and more widely through the various channels available;
- contribute to strengthening our work with Climate Alliance board members and National Coordinators;
- represent Climate Alliance at ad-hoc events.
- identify funding opportunities and engage with potential project partners;
- support project proposal drafting;
- support the implementation of EU-funded projects and initiatives (mainly the Covenant of Mayors – Europe and Build Upon2);
- assist the Climate Alliance team in any other daily activities of the association.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in policy advocacy at EU level and EU project implementation (preferably in the field of energy and climate) , and experience working with/for local authorities;
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. European affairs, political science, environment, energy, climate change);
- Thorough understanding of the EU institutions, decision making processes and funding instruments;
- Excellent knowledge of EU policies and programmes related to energy and climate;
- Excellent communication skills (written and public-speaking formats), fluency in English;
- Strong organisation and coordination skills, ability to multitask;
- Strong drafting and analytical skills;
- Willingness to travel within the EU.
- Previous experience in policy coordination function;
- Technical expertise in the field of energy and climate;
- Experience in event organisation and management;
- Experience working with/for (non-profit) associations or the public sector;
- Experience working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages;
- Proficiency/very good command in other EU languages.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org