Creative seeks a Senior Eduation and Youth Liaison Advisor for the USAID/Jordan Technical Assistance Program. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. This will include providing support to the GoJ policy reform and complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on systems management; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems; evidence-based planning and decision -making; human resources management systems; and financial resource management that are in support of enacting policy reforms in the areas of education and youth development.
The Senior Education and Youth Liaison Advisor will provide technical leadership in the areas of improved learning outcomes in foundational skills (e.g. Arabic, English, math, and science for KG2-Grade 10); inclusion of vulnerable children and youth in the education sector, including people with disabilities; increased availability and quality of non-formal education; quality teaching, school leadership and management; and positive youth development. The Senior Education Advisor will work with the Chief of Party to coordinate with key stakeholders.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the technical component of the project across areas including improved learning outcomes in foundational skills (e.g. Arabic, English, math, and science for KG2-Grade 10); inclusion of vulnerable children and youth in the education sector, including people with disabilities; increased availability and quality of non-formal education; quality teaching, school leadership and management; and positive youth development;
- Support the Chief of Party in the coordination and implementation of project activities;
- Provide technical support to local counterparts;
- Represent the project in technical meetings with USAID, the Ministry of Education and other government counterparts, and other development partners;
- Take a lead (through research undertakings) in identifying and utilizing best practices in integrating behavior change in the education and youth sectors;
- Conduct advocacy with government officials and other stakeholders to support policy implementation that reinforces safe and conflict-sensitive learning environments; and
- Ensure the complementarity of technical approaches across the different technical components in which the project is implemented.
- Master’s degree in education or a field relevant to the proposed activity from an accredited university or tertiary institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years in positions of progressively responsible experience related to this job description;
- At least two (2) years of management experience supporting education projects in similar contexts;
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Fluency in English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org