The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
Based in Boston, the Program Coordinator will work with the ITDP US team. In this cross- functional role, the Program Coordinator will provide programmatic management, communications, research and logistical events support, working on a variety of projects. The role will include direct in-person support to the program work in Boston as well as liaising with US, global and core function teams at ITDP HQ in New York City.
The Program Coordinator will report to the US Director and will be expected to work cooperatively, independently and communicate effectively with program staff, senior leadership (CEO, COO, CKO), finance team, and communications and development teams.
The ideal candidate is a motivated creative thinker pursuing a nonprofit administration or philanthropy career with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, experience with nonprofits, event management, and budgets, as well as comprehension of office management systems and procedures. An interest in social equity, environmental sustainability and urban planning is a plus.
Programmatic Management Support
- Assist the US Director and Boston Program Manager with programmatic support as needed, including organizing meetings, set up and help manage consulting contracts (tracking progress, invoicing and payments), prepare expense reports.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
- Assist in the development of annual program plans and monitoring progress.
- Assist in the management of fiscal operations including tracking expenditures, updating forecasts and monitoring budget vs. actual.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor requirements to ensure compliance, along with related ITDP policies and procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Pull together activity lists and progress reports for Board, funders and weekly internal updates.
Communications and Knowledge Sharing
- Support internal and external knowledge sharing, by focusing on webinars, media tracking, photo library development, and identifying opportunities for learning for the organization.
- Conduct specific research, draft materials for external communications such as fact sheets, case studies, etc. and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed in support of ITDP’s programmatic work.
- Work with the global program and global communications teams to promote US programs via web and print, as well as help develop outreach plans, including contact management.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating events, workshops, virtual convenings and study tours--including outreach, managing RSVP lists, follow-up and budget tracking.
- Organize calls and meetings as needed both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of progressive nonprofit or philanthropic administration experience.
- Excellent command of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and computer database management systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team across all levels within the organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to represent ITDP well with external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable.
- Salesforce and/or database experience a plus.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Adept at Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Cloud, Flickr, social media applications, web based platforms/applications, WordPress, Slack is a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with “U.S. Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. This position is term limited until December 31, 2022 with the possibility of an extension.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org