The Associate will be a member of the Europe Practice and support the practice lead and other senior staff with scheduling, team operations, invoicing, editing and archiving client contracts and deliverables, and other duties that support the team’s client service and internal functioning. This job exposes the employee to the details of ASG business and client work, allowing them to begin to develop geopolitical, regional, and sectoral/industry expertise. Once adept at supporting the smooth operations of the practice, Associates are encouraged to support Analysts and others to develop and/or edit written products (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses), following ASG best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Service and Expertise
- Is expected to support the practice lead and other senior staff as needed. Interfaces with clients in a support role, as requested.
- Manages administrative functions and tasks of the practice; arranging executives' schedules, appointments, meetings, invoices, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents. Also, records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Support communications with clients and members of the ASG Advisory network.
- Periodically evaluates team operations, promoting increased efficiencies, including the adoption of technology (e.g., ASGnet) wherever possible.
- Interfaces well with other team members as well as members of other ASG practices with similar responsibilities.
- Works to continue to develop geopolitical, regional, functional or sector/industry backgrounds into recognized expertise by engaging other members of their practices and participating in client engagements as needed.
- Begins to learn ASG best practices in research and product delivery, including the use of ASG proprietary knowledge and diverse sources of public information, with an ability to analyze – and work with senior staff to make judgments about – competing versions of events or asymmetrical understanding of crucial factors.
- Not expected to directly produce revenue, but is encouraged to help identify ways to approach business development or enhance client profitability.
- Act as the “keeper” of team’s business development pipeline in Salesforce.
- Add, update, and maintain new or existing accounts and opportunities for your team.
- Add, update, and maintain contacts for your team; create distribution/mailing lists.
- Track events and convening’s your team has hosted or attended through Salesforce campaigns.
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet the team’s needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively produce portions of written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes a leadership role in institution building.
NOTE: ASG team members are asked to endeavor to meet the above expectations, recognizing that strengths and opportunities vary and excellence in some criteria may offset lower performance in others.
- Zero to three years of relevant professional experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in the language, or languages, used in the applicable region(s) is preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org