iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Proposal Coordinator will work closely with iMMAP’s business development team. iMMAP’s business development team is responsible for ensuring iMMAP meets its annual revenue goals and leads our development strategy – identifying and developing opportunities, reviewing current partnerships, and creating and maintaining the appropriate level of investment in iMMAP’s work.
The team also develops resources to support funder investment in our work.
The Proposal Coordinator will facilitate iMMAP’s expansion and renewal efforts by writing, editing, and submitting proposals.
· Review and understand solicitation documents and create key proposal components such as the necessary templates and outlines to develop appropriate content and compliant responses;
· Establish and maintain a schedule for development and review of proposals based on submission due dates and requirements;
· Participate in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits;
· Provide guidance on or participates in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts;
· Outline, write, and edit proposal sections, especially highly structured sections;
· Develop templates for such activities as Executive Summaries, company qualifications / capabilities, past performance, resumes and other proposal-related materials;
· Submit all proposals for funding
· Develop in-house subject matter expertise database;
· Provide input into iMMAP’s knowledge management and capture of best practices and lessons learned for future biding;
· Submit progress and other required reports for externally funded projects
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Information Management Sciences, Social Sciences or International Development;
· Minimum 5 years of related work experience;
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills; French and or Spanish will be an asset.
· Degree in related field, such as Geographic Information Systems, Cartography.
· Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of government and humanitarian organizations;
· Understanding complex concepts and ability to articulate funder needs to iMMAP’s Senior Staff and internal reviewers;
· Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures and work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision; Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team;
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage complex workload and handle pressure in a fast- paced environment.
· Fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic is highly desirable.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
iMMAP offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Metro Center Metro Station on the Red Line.
DISCLAIMER: Note that due to the urgency of this position, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the recruitment closing date.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org