The German Insurance Association (GDV) has been represented in Brussels with its Liaison Office for many years now. The Brussels team, currently counting seven staff members, supports and coordinates the work of the Association and secures a due representation of the interests of German insurers on the European level.
We currently look for a new colleague to join our Brussels team as soon as possible.
- Policy advisor in the Brussels Liaison Office (thematic fields tbc);
- Follow-up of all relevant files on European level; acquisition and preliminary analysis of information; guidance to Berlin colleagues;
- Proposals for effective lobby and communication strategies, including dedicated events;
- Assistance in drafting of position papers and other lobby material addressed to European and national institutions in German and English;
- Exchange and negotiation with colleagues from other national insurance associations;
- Representation of the GDV in relevant bodies on European level (in particular, Insurance Europe) as well as representation of the German insurance industry vis-à-vis the European institutions and the general public.
- University degree in Economics or Law (or comparable);
- Preferable: acquired professional experience in the European context, ideally at one of the European institutions and/or in representation of interests on European level;
- Fluent in English in speaking and writing, good knowledge of German, knowledge of other European language(s) a plus;
- Experienced user of common text processing and communication tools (MS Office, Internet/Intranet, web-based communication).
- Strong communicator, concise and clear language, good negotiating skills, confident appearance;
- Capacity to work on own initiative;
- Team player, good coordination skills, self-assertion;
- Willingness and capacity to familiarize with new topics quickly and to see the big picture, analytical thinking;
- Capacity to work with tight deadlines and adapt fast;
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
The work place is Brussels.
If this vacancy appeals to you and you got interested in working for the GDV Brussels Office we will be delighted to receive your detailed application.
In case of questions and for further information you can also contact us by phone at +32 2 282 47 30.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org