The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We’re looking for a video script-writer with experience of reaching a broad consumer audience. Our ideal candidate has experience of writing about social science in an engaging, accessible way. You’ll be collaborating on ~20 short videos for working women around the world on topics that include sexism at work, microaggressions, and research-backed advice for women looking to grow their careers.
This is a temporary, full-time remote position, based in the U.S., working on PDT hours.
- Write/edit short video scripts that are engaging and informative for a broad audience
- Work collaboratively with other writers and researchers on the Lean In team
- Incorporate feedback from subject matter experts into accurate, conversational, and relatable script elements
- Shape the content with a strong DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens - constantly pushing it to be more inclusive
- Work on other educational writing projects for Sheryl Sandberg and Dave Goldberg Family Foundation as needed
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive product and/or marketing outcomes
- 4-7 years of experience writing lively video and web content for consumer audiences
- Ability to translate research into everyday prose for video scripts - demonstrated through video samples
- Strong working knowledge of research on gender and bias in the workplace
- Ability to work directly with and balance inputs from a range of experts
- Comfort with a collaborative writing process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn, follow through, and improve on foundation processes to keep set team and principal set up for success
- Track record of excellence; consumer brand and/or video journalism experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org