GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT (KM) ASSOCIATE ROLE
The Global KM Associate role is an entrepreneurial operations role within Dalberg Advisors that will support the Global KM Director in the execution of all KM related functions at Dalberg as they are built and scaled.
- You are entrepreneurial minded and love to build and grow things to satisfy unmet needs.
- You have a natural curiosity about the world and especially around understanding how and why social impact happens when it does
- You are a self-starter and problem solver who takes ownership mentality and identifies problems to solve and acts on what is needed to get results
- You have excellent customer service and strong facilitation skills and are highly adept at managing stakeholders
- You have a high level of comfort with and embrace technology and systems as a solution and enjoy taking things apart to understand how they work before you put them back together again to make them more efficient
- You are excited about KM content generation, management and systems
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, like the space to work independently without too much interference or direction
- You are a team player that knows how to build consensus and are willing to give and receive honest feedback
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Management, Marketing, Political Sciences, Communications, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or other relevant field from a top university or the equivalent’s worth of work experience
- You have three or more years of work experience with demonstrated ability to grow in the roles and responsibilities you are given
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Spanish, including demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information and ability to adapt messages for different audiences
- Strong research and quantitative skills including mastery of Microsoft Suite, and preferably familiarity with SharePoint, knowledge/content management tools, and CRM software like Salesforce
- You are comfortable with managing complex global operations processes and getting things done efficiently while still treating people with humility and respect
- Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
KM strategy and operations support
- Support Global KM Director in annual KM strategic planning process working with operations, Dalberg management team, Practice leads and Regional Directors
- Manage and serve as liaison for existing and future Dalberg knowledge assets, including Project outreach before/after projects, team surveys, ad-hoc research, subscriptions and various reports; and making them useful and usable by Dalberg Partners, consulting teams, and Practice areas
- Create resources for staff to learn about KM content generation and dissemination guidelines
- Remain up to date on leading knowledge management best practices and lead continuous improvement for Dalberg’s KM practices, including through professional development
KM Practice Area leadership
- Coordinate all knowledge-related needs for 5-6 Practice Areas (such as Policy & Advocacy and Organizational Effectiveness) that include their Intranet page, thought leadership, point of views, killer slide packs, expert lists, etc.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of high impact KM assets, both for internal (pitch deck, project starter pack, blog posts, podcasts, etc.) and external dissemination (thought leadership, Point of View)
- Facilitate access to needed business development resources (project qualifications, past proposals, relevant thought leadership/POVs) for all Partners and business development teams
- Conduct post project interviews of client teams to download key learnings and potentially relevant KM insights
- Serve as day-to-day contact person for all KM related queries be, they from staff, partners or from external vendors (IT systems, expert providers such as OnFrontiers, etc.)
- Develop and maintain all relevant KM systems, including databases, surveys, automated reports, and intranet pages
- Ensure quality and consistency across KM content and systems assets, in partnership with operation teams responsible for these assets
- Perform market research to compile potential IT providers to improve or replace internal KM platform
- Develop/test/pilot/implement new approaches to improve KM, manage RFP
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org