What is the opportunity?
Responsible for analysis in and support of Senior Analyst in the Global Commodity Strategy and MENA Research team, particularly on policy, geopolitics, and economics of major commodity producing and consuming countries.
What will you do?
- Assist in the development and analysis of the economics, politics, geopolitics, and policy landscape of commodity markets and major producing/consuming nations
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases
- Provide research and support to analyst as required
- Develop an expertise in the policy and commodity sectors
- Support and answer client queries as they relate to the sector
- Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree or similar qualification with a focus on policy, government, international relations, and/or international economics
- Previous exposure to macro research or 1-2 years of experience within government policy or think tank work a definite asset
- Excellent writing and communications skills and experience in dealing with high profile individuals a plus
- Strong PC skills specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet and various technology publications
- Superior customer service focus and attitude for internal and external clients
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
- Self-starter - must be organized and able to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
- Existing NYSE Licensing Requirements – Series 7, 63, SIE a plus
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org