The Senior Communications Manager leads the development and execution of communications and marketing strategies for Land O’Lakes Venture37. This position is a critical member of the organization, working closely with headquarters teams, field program leaders, implementing partners, and customers to tell the stories of our innovative impact in international agricultural development and produce the content to promote Venture37 brand and growth objectives. The Senior Communications Manager leads the development and promotion of thought leadership pieces and creates opportunities to highlight Venture37 global programs, initiatives, leaders, and results through featured industry articles, program reports, web & social media, and global conferences and events.
The Senior Communications Manager manages the Communications Specialist and reports to the Executive Director and serves on the Venture Leadership Team.
- Manage relationships with diverse stakeholders to promote Venture37’s work externally.
- Orchestrate Venture37’s marketing & communications efforts; develop and implement communications strategies and plans that advance and support the organization’s strategic priorities and programmatic goals.
- Proactively identify effective platforms for promoting the Venture37 brand and collaborate with technical leaders to develop, present, and publish thought pieces that build the Venture37 brand as an innovative, effective agricultural development organization in the minds of current and future customers and partners.
- Create and foster relationships with relevant international development media partners and technical platforms to promote Venture37.
- Ensure that the Venture37 website is regularly updated with comprehensive information about global and project-specific efforts
- Support development of new approaches and tools to improve communications effectiveness
- Develop multimedia content, and regularly update Venture37 social media platforms.
- Serve as the Communications/Marketing Lead on new business proposals, including targeted customer marketing and communications planning.
- Support efforts to win new business through editing, formatting, compiling, and creating graphics for proposals.
- Develop and establish effective metrics, in line with industry best practices, to measure communications effectiveness and adjust approaches as needed.
- Work with local staff to bring out the very best in program innovation and impact.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field plus a minimum of five (5) years relevant communications experience with an international development organization, or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience.
- Exceptional writing and story-telling experience, an ability to produce compelling graphics and data visualization pieces.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills and confidence interacting with diverse work styles, levels, and functions.
- Thorough understanding of different social and digital tools and channels and demonstrated experience of producing such content.
- Experience leveraging analytics and paid digital media to drive digital growth and engagement with key audiences. Must be proficient in relevant platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Outstanding verbal, written communication, and presentation skills; able to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational and management skills that support delivering multiple priorities.
- Superior writing and editing skills to develop compelling stories succinctly and persuasively.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, nationally, and internationally as needed.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of global agricultural development/value chains.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org