United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGOs in the country, with a focus on relief and developmental needs globally and domestically.
We are looking for a talented Social media specialist to create and maintain a strong online presence for our organization. Your role is to implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts.
If you are a tech-savvy professional with an interest in communicating with donors as well as promoting our mission through online channels, we would like to meet you.
As a Social media specialist, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more followers and promote our organization. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations with donors and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Form and maintain relationships with influencers
- Draft press releases, pitches, case studies, white papers, and media summaries
- Build relationships with new media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts
- Manage media requests in a timely and professional manner
- Pitch story ideas and content to media
- Ensure all communication is cohesive with the brand image
- Track and analyze media coverage to inform future campaigns
- Proven work experience as a Social media specialist
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Graphic Design Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
- Experience in non-profit marketing is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Verbal and written English is required, and Arabic is preferred.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The UMR organization and UMR workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the UMR – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the UMR operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org