Reporting to the executive director, Roanoke Regional Initiatives, a unit of Outreach and International Affairs at Virginia Tech, this position is based at the Virginia Tech Roanoke Center, located on the 7th floor of the Roanoke Higher Education Center. In this role, the Assistant Director:
- Develops and delivers Virginia Tech Roanoke Regional Initiatives outreach programs including, executive institutes, workforce training, professional conferences, research symposiums, certificate programs, short courses, and other credit and noncredit programs.
- Provides business development through new lead generation and existing client management.
- Supports corporate partners and public agencies in accessing university assets to address economic, research, workforce, and community development needs.
- Builds revenue through program creation, expansion, and delivery.
- Partners and/or leads market research activities and assessments to determine needs for local and regional markets.
- Identifies, nurtures, and expands industry and community relationships. Makes connections to faculty experts, research institutes, and Outreach and International Affairs units in order to develop and deliver educational programming that fulfills industry and community needs and interests.
- Collaborates in preparing and managing program budgets.
- Participates in community outreach events to promote the center’s portfolio of programs and services.
- Monitors and evaluates overall effectiveness of programs and activities, and implements changes for continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership in planning, management, and reporting activities in the region.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and university policies.
- Provides supervision, training, professional development, and evaluation of assigned personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field, or Bachelor’s degree in related field with training and work experience equating to an advanced degree.
- Ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills that easily translate for academic and community audiences.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Exemplary analytic and entrepreneurial skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects on deadlines.
- Experience in educational program development, planning, delivery, implementation, administration, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in securing internal and external funding.
- Keen understanding of the culture of higher education.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with graduate program and workforce educational needs in the Roanoke region.
- Familiarity with programs and assets at Virginia Tech.
- Experience teaching or facilitating learning for adult learners.
- Experience with curriculum development and/or instructional design for credit and/or noncredit programs.
- Experience engaging and working with emerging leaders across diverse sectors.
- Experience planning and organizing events.
- Evidence of business/revenue growth and/or partnership development in a sales/marketing capacity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org