Based in Brussels, the Digital with Purpose (DwP) Officer is a full-time permanent role responsible for supporting the GeSI CEO, DwP Head of Strategy and Senior Project Manager, managing communications and stakeholder engagement, financial reporting and general office support.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain communication materials including newsletter, blogs, website, events calendar and social media profiles;
- Working with the GeSI and DwP leadership in building and maintaining media relations and drafting press releases;
- Monitor media publications for member and industry news;
- Assist with membership and activity programme enquiries;
- Manage stakeholder database and Content Management Systems (CMS);
- Support event management at industry events and conferences when required;
- Manage member and Board meetings including scheduling, minute taking and follow up;
- Maintain close communication and regular reporting with DwP Stakeholders;
- Support management of operational expenses and monthly financial reporting;
- Support development of annual operational and activity budgets;
- Manage office logistics, IT (hardware and software), communications and other tasks as necessary to ensure the DwP Secretariat runs smoothly.
- University undergraduate degree in social sciences, political science, communications or environmental sciences;
- Minimum three years professional experience in sustainability, communications and/or administration and office management;
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability issues, climate change and ICT industry highly desirable;
- A passion for the environment;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English. High level of French proficiency highly desirable and other languages a bonus;
- Strong communication skills with a good understanding of social media;
- A team-oriented self-starter with excellent organisational skills, with ability to work independently and take ownership of and manage a range of tasks and activities at the same time;
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of website management with ability to administer and manage minor IT issues.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org