Winrock International (Winrock) is a non-profit organization that works around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock strengthens the capacity of women, children, youth, civil society organizations, and businesses to actively participate in sustainable development and to positively impact society.
The Senior Program Associate will support projects and business development efforts operating at the nexus of inclusive market-led growth and sustainable management of natural resources. In particular, the position will provide operational and programmatic support to SCALE-NRM project (SCALE NRM Fact Sheet) addressing the underlying causes of forest degradation in the Solomon Islands. Activities under this project include promoting better land use and management (both agriculture and forest lands), increasing economic co-benefits by promoting community-based forest enterprises or alternative livelihoods, and strengthening linkages between communities and public sector stakeholders.
The Senior Program Associate provides critical response to the field-based personnel to support and facilitate project implementation. The position will be responsible for managing processes and systems related to contract management, compliance, financial management and budgeting, procurement, and hiring and managing personnel and consultants. In addition to project management, the position plays a role in business development, contributing to program design and managing proposal development. Programmatic and administrative duties will help ensure quality work addressing sustainable development programs in compliance with donor and Winrock’s requirements.
AGRICULTURE, RESILIENCE AND WATER (ARW) Group
The Agriculture, Resilience and Water (ARW) group partners with communities, businesses, and government to develop scalable market-oriented solutions that advance inclusive agriculture led growth and water security, ultimately building the resilience of households to recover from predictable and unforeseen shocks. ARW’s approach to making agriculture, market access and water systems more resilient to climate change has three focus areas: 1) improving agricultural production and water management systems, especially among the most vulnerable; 2) strengthening natural resource management; and 3) reducing environmental degradation. We also work with communities public and private sector to safeguard critical ecosystems. Implementation is focused on partnership, as well as technical and data-driven innovations and learning, adapting, and scaling proven models.
- Provide project backstopping and coordination of technical and reporting contributions of Winrock staff and consultants, providing quality control in reporting, deliverables, communication, file management, and budget monitoring.
- Liaise with field staff, Winrock’s Operations team (HR, Contracts, Procurement, IT, etc.), project partners, and donors to provide guidance to field teams, and track correspondence to ensure timely responses and approvals.
- Ensure compliance of the project with Winrock’s policies, procedures and contractual obligations for all project-related procurement, subcontracts, HR, consultants’ agreements, financials transactions or any other project management task as required.
- Oversee project accounting activities relating to expense reimbursements, advances, monthly payments, and wire transfers by working with Winrock’s Finance team and the field offices.
- Help to meet donor programmatic and administrative reporting requirements, including through programmatic and financial report preparation and presentation.
- Manage relevant databases and trackers, support monitoring and evaluation processes, and link project data with required donor reporting.
- Provide programmatic and budgetary analysis.
- Assist organizing and facilitating internal and external meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up of decisions.
- Meet with and provide information and reports to project clients and beneficiaries as needed under delegation of the Program Officer.
- Copy edit and format technical reports and deliverables, and ensure 508-compliant uploads to donor repositories.
- Prepare and disseminate routine internal coordination reports documenting programmatic activities’ and administrative/operational/financial tasks’ status and action points.
- Provide training and mentoring for project-based staff on administrative and operational topics.
- Assist with conceptualizing and developing strategies for proposal development.
- Provide substantive input for proposal development and assist in proposal preparation and coordination. This may include managing the proposal preparation team and subcontractors, supporting capture trips, writing proposal text, recruiting and interviewing candidates, formatting documents and CVs; performing internet-based research, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
Education: Bachelor’s in international development, project management, agriculture, natural resource management or environment-related field; or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in program coordination, administration, or logistical support. Demonstrated interest in programs related to sustainable management of natural resources via previous work/volunteer experience and/or academic coursework/researchExcellent written and oral communication skills to contribute to project management, donor and partner relations, and new business development content
- Able to communicate in a clear, professional, and positive manner with a variety of team members, field staff and various stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment with respect for diversity.
- Demonstrated international experience strongly desired.
- Familiarity working with US government funded programs preferred.
Computer/Technical Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
Communication Skills: Excellent writing, verbal, intercultural, and interpersonal communication skills.
Language: Fluent in English, fluency in other language is a plus.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel without dependents to remote locations both domestically and internationally on short trips (up to 3 weeks).
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to technical innovation in market systems programming and technical leadership in market systems, agriculture and natural or resource management.
- Excellent organizational skills essential, including ability to coordinate a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure, and work as team player.
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org