ZENETEX is a rapidly growing, energetic, and win-focused enterprise supporting Federal government, military, and civilian agencies. We are an organization committed to growth and shared success for all stakeholders; we are customer-driven, mission focused, and operate with integrity and trust in all relationships.
Zenetex is looking for a motivated Instructor to join the Faculty team at the Defense Security Cooperation University (DSCU). This position is part of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). DSCA's mission is to advance U.S. national security and foreign policy interests by building the capacity of foreign security forces to respond to shared challenges. DSCA leads the broader U.S. security cooperation enterprise in its efforts to train, educate, advise, and equip foreign partners. DSCA administers security cooperation programs that support U.S. policy interests and objectives.
In this position, you will be instructing senior level military officers, government employees, and defense industry professionals on topics related to security cooperation theory, practice, and policy. Knowledge of security cooperation and security assistance policy, regulation, and processes is essential to success in the position. Direct experience with the planning, coordination and execution of Department of Defense security cooperation programs is highly desirable.
As the Academic Admin Instructor, the candidate must be able to:
- Instruct executive-level security cooperation theory, practice, and policy
- Facilitate educational classroom dialogue using best practices in adult learning theory and technique
- Develop curriculum and course materials by researching and consolidating available source material such as academic publications, government policy and regulations, and official statements and reports
- Execute responsibilities of course manager including registrar duties, student communication and management, campus security and safety measures, guest speaker coordination, course agenda development, etc.
- Support external outreach efforts to promote and execute executive-level education across the security cooperation enterprise
- Contribute to ongoing university accreditation efforts
- Participate meaningfully in internal faculty and university administration activities/meetings/working groups
- Engage in professional development opportunities as well as professionally relevant academic conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Demonstrate competence in learning management systems and virtual education platforms
- Preference for an advanced degree that included or was supplemented by study in education, the social sciences (international relations, anthropology, political science), or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in education or the social sciences (international relations, anthropology, political science), or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provide knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the advanced education described above.
- Outstanding management skills, experience with administration in the adult education environment is desired
- Outstanding teamwork. Ability to work effectively with DSCU students, faculty, staff and leadership
- Experience with delivery or administration of online adult education courses
- Experience with Security Cooperation desired, but not required
- Experience working with military in an education environment highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with Blackboard Learning Management System desired
This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org