As a tech company and world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering and digital technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate and fostering digitalization - all thanks to our employees. Every day, Siemens creates impact by providing innovative solutions tackling challenges in the areas such as additive manufacturing, automation, software systems, connectivity and edge, data analytics and artificial intelligence, simulation and digital twin sustainable energy and infrastructure. Innovative solutions that have one clear goal: making the world a more livable, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Siemens is committed to contributing to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through its products and solutions, its responsible business practices in ~200 countries, through strategic partnerships and targeted community activities.
Your New Role – What You Will Do.
We are looking for a “Senior Director Government Affairs – Geopolitics and International Relations”, who will support Siemens AG in anticipating and navigating geopolitical trends, risks, and opportunities, and strengthen the company’s multilateral cooperation with international organizations.
You will report to the Head of Geopolitics and International Relations at Siemens AG, based in Berlin.
Based in Berlin, Munich, or Brussels, you work closely with the government affairs teams in Germany, European Union, and Government Affairs offices (e.g., USA, China) and with colleagues worldwide.
In your role, you will, in particular
- Contribute with your deep understanding of the countries` national interests, which reflect on their foreign policy priorities and their relations with other countries and international organizations
- Assess geopolitical trends, drivers, developments and governmental instruments and their respective impacts on Siemens Businesses and Siemens Core Technologies
- Develop geopolitical assessments (e.g., presentations, briefings, reports) of the highest quality focusing on immediate and forward-looking impacts for Siemens businesses. You elaborate tailored recommendations to generate opportunities and mitigate risks
- Engage internally in corporate taskforces, cross-departmental meetings and exchanges with businesses and regional companies, with a mindset of value creation and customer focus
- Engage externally and represent Siemens interests in relevant events, policy fora and business associations and in discussions with policy makers
- Engage in multilateral cooperation initiatives with international organizations, coordinating multiple workstreams, involving respective internal departments and cooperating with external stakeholders
Furthermore, you will
- Contribute to intelligence tools of Government Affairs department by translating data and key performance indicators into knowledge and recommendations
- Contribute to corporate processes, such as Enterprise Risk Management, monitoring, foresight insights and taskforces
- Contribute to Siemens’ participation in multilateral events with reports, briefings, speaking notes, as well as report on outcomes of major governmental events
- Support colleagues internally with your expertise and inputs, as well as contribute with best practice sharing across the Siemens’ Global Government Affairs Community
We want to get to know you if you…
- Have an excellent university degree in international relations, political sciences, economics and /or in a related field of expertise
- Bring long-term experience in a relevant field (e.g., geopolitical consultancies, multinational companies, government administration, think tanks, industry associations or a similar role) and expertise in a specific country, region or continent would be an asset.
- Additional expertise in government affairs, business intelligence and strategy, project management, as well as experience and a contact network with international negotiations, governments, consultancies, and international organizations would be a plus
- Have a global mindset and holistic approach to anticipate and connect the dots in the fields of geopolitics and international relations, how they could impact Siemens and how Siemens should best early engage externally
- Have a profound understanding of international organizations and are willing to identify, establish and continue cooperation initiatives
- Are comfortable engaging internally with top management in the Headquarter and in countries and externally with political stakeholders, think tanks, consultancies, and associations
- Are comfortable taking leading roles, as well as supporting roles for regular tasks and core projects within the team
- Distinguish yourself with a clear customer focus and strong communication skills, a strong affinity to technology and a willingness to deep dive into areas impacted by geopolitics (technology, climate change, security, economics, among others)
- Self-motivation driving positive impact and being a team player describe you as a person. You provide self-drive and project management skills to propose goals, implement initiatives and taskforces, and are also interested in coaching others
- Are willing to travel to/within Germany, Brussels and potentially other locations globally to engage with external and internal stakeholders
- Your proficiency in English round up your profile. Excellent written and oral communication skills in the German language is a strong asset. Other language skills would be a plus
- Integrity and compliance are cornerstones of your work ethic
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Find more benefits here
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org