Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and benefits consulting services. We are looking for an Editor, Global Thought Leadership to join our growing Global Content team. Developing a mix of planned and opportunistic content you will reframe the issues, untapped opportunities and macroeconomic trends that are shaping the decisions and ambitions of our clients across the globe.
Working closely with topic experts and technical specialists you will be integral to delivering high calibre content and IP that cuts through traditional thinking and offers a media rich, immersive experience catering for diverse audience profiles and expectations.
Using a blend of journalistic curiosity, a talent for translating thought provoking concepts into compelling narrative, you will thrive in a collaborative, fast paced organisation that recognises the impact of innovative content and the value of lasting relationships.
Where you’ll focus:
- Co-developing a distinctive vision for global thought leadership, setting out content strategies and authoring high quality content pieces, surfacing trusted experts and technical specialists to drive reputational benefits and commercial results
- Identifying break-through themes and topics that hold the ability to influence Gallagher’s topic authority and brand reputation across multiple geographies and markets, with sensitivity to the critical challenges facing clients and businesses globally
- Providing editorial oversight globally, partnering with regional content teams to guide content writing efforts to best-fit for the audience, channel, content format, while championing editorial standards and alignment with brand guidelines
- Partnering with researchers, data providers and external contributors to link findings with expert insights and perspectives to develop thought leadership narratives, both planned and opportunistic
- Chairing the global editorial board to inform and align the content pipeline and endorse/champion editorial standards across regional teams
- Pre-market stakeholder briefings; developing support materials to engage and advise sales teams on client / market activation. Partnering with Media Relations to fully optimise engagement, reach and influence of global thought leadership content pieces
- Industry event participation; become a respected voice and advocate for Gallagher thought leadership, influence positive dialogue with peers.
Skills, knowledge & qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent business qualification in Journalism, Marketing, Economics, English Language, Law or Politics, or demonstrated leadership experience (8 yrs+) in a multi-market thought leadership or content marketing team, ideally with a financial or professional services sector background
- Ability to communicate sophisticated ideas clearly
- Strong technical content writing and editing skills; experienced in applying editorial guidelines and developing a distinctive tone and voice that aligns with brand principles.
- Active curiosity and knowledge of how prevailing industry, geopolitical, societal and executive leadership trends and issues are influencing business thinking and decisions
- Experience and familiarity with content development tools (e.g. AP Stylebook, Grammarly / StackEdit, Google Trends, Foleon, GatherContent, SiteCore).
- Working experience of using marketing analytics and report tools (e.g. Google Analytics). Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of optimising content for digital channels (SEO)
- Strong time management skills; a self-starter who can demonstrate flexibility in response to evolving priorities.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org