The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for a qualified Project Coordinator to support the J59 in developing and strengthening USINDOPACOM’s academic network through national and international strategic engagements and partnerships to enhance regional security. This position is located in Honolulu, HI.
Duties include providing subject matter expertise, research, and recommendations to assist the J59 in conducting outreach with a variety of stakeholders relevant to the Department of Defense, and in developing and assisting with the Command’s multilateral efforts. These efforts support the Student Volunteer Fellowship Program, academic outreach, and liaising with various academic institutions on multilateral affairs and information operations.
The Program Coordinator will develop, coordinate, execute, and manage programs with the J59 multilateral team at USINDOPACOM. They will also identify opportunities where new multilateral relationships can be developed that enhance USINDOPACOM’s J5 mission. The incumbent will coordinate existing bilateral and multilateral engagements and also support the Internship Program.
- Manage the planning, development, coordination, administration and implementation of on-going multilateral activities.
- Take the lead in coordinating and developing new and complex multilateral activities that support the Commander’s vision; and collaborate as necessary with other J5 country desks and partners.
- Think critically and strategically to develop process improvements, best practices and protocols that increase the efficiency and impacts of multilateral engagements and activities.
- Provide support to FOGOs on administrative tasks as well as providing talking points, briefing materials or information papers.
- Attend and participate in the Communications Synchronization Working Group and represent J59 equities at the meetings.
- Support the Internship Program in outreach, onboarding, and coordinating career sessions for interns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SLE Planning & Execution
- Strategic Communication/Engagement Analysis & Coordination
- Research and Writing (strategic communication/messages; info papers, talking points, reports, etc.)
- Work on a team to execute various high level events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with multilateral engagements (e.g. US government agencies, academia, non-governmental organizations, private industry)
- Working knowledge of US international relations and national security efforts, and experience in supporting policy or engagement planning or analysis activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, creative thinking, critical analysis, and experience in collaborating with senior officials (Flag/General officer and SES), policymakers, academic professors, and military personnel
- Emphasis provided to those with familiarity and background working on international issues with the military and academia
- Strong research and writing background
- Familiarity with graphic design software, Adobe InDesign, Publisher, advanced PowerPoint skills.
- Emphasis provided to those with engagement and/or knowledge of the Indo-Pacific area.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org