We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The European Government Relations and External Communications team at Yara International – Region Europe is looking for European Government Relations Officer to increase it advocacy impacts. The successful candidate will report to the Vice-President for European Government Relations and External Communications and work closely with the European Government Relations Adviser.
The team operates in an exciting, dynamic environment with a high tempo. This is a unique opportunity to help drive advocacy for Yara International – Region Europe, positioning Yara as a company that contributes to growing a nature-positive food future. You will play a key role in helping deliver on Yara’s mission to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, which is more important now than ever.
- Implementing several advocacy projects in the field of agriculture and environment, coordinating actions between the European level and EU Member States
- Actively contributing to the development and implementation of Yara Europe’s policy projects in the areas of EU Green Deal, Farm to Fork Strategy, Common Agricultural Policy, organic farming, regenerative agriculture, and soil health
- In collaboration with the Vice-President and the Government Relations Adviser, manage the project streams dedicated to the above subjects and represent the organizations in various associations and alliances
- Supporting the team in the preparation of a weekly monitoring tool on European affairs
- Actively contributing to a transparent and effective knowledge sharing and building capacity across Yara
- Actively managing relationships which position Yara as a leading actor on the above-mentioned fields, with a special focus on European countries
- Execute other tasks in support of the day-to-day management of the team (support the preparation of events, reporting activities)
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in advocacy towards EU institutions; previous professional experience in EU institutions, international organizations, NGOs, or trade associations is a plus
- A very good understanding of the political environment in the EU today and of the European institutions
- Masters’ degree (e.g. international relations, political science, European studies, journalism)
- Excellent English language skills (C1 or higher); other languages are a plus (esp. Spanish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian…)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to make complex topics accessible and relevant to different audiences
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Willing to succeed not just individually, but also as part of a team
- Pro-active mindset, solution-oriented and positive mentality
Starting date: as soon as possible
What we offer: Full-time position, based in Brussels with travelling required
Experience required: Junior Profile (+3 years)
Why work with us?
- We offer the opportunity to drive change by contributing to growing a nature-positive food future
- You would be working with an EU-wide dispersed and diverse team.
- Support for personal development, learning and continuous learning is a priority
Tiffanie Stephani: Vice-President for European Government Relations & External Communications
Sara De Vos: Talent Specialist
Apply no later than
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassadors networks.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org