As Chief of Party I you will provide leadership and overall management during the period of performance to ensure ongoing program quality and closeout of the current funding phase. Your leadership, management, and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in education, school feeding, WASH, and nutrition field. The Chief of Party I manage a large team of CRS staff but also two project partners implementing an integrated program in at least 138 schools. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the implementation of the STARS project. Serve as the primary contact for CRS HQ, and along with senior project staff, support communication with the Government of Togo and partner organizations, 3ASC and ADESCO;
- Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures and donor reporting requirements are met;
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring;
- With support from the Country Representative, Head of Programming, and in collaboration with CoP for the next phase, manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans;
- Promote, uphold, and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with USDA regulations, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration, and reporting to USDA. Approve daily program expenditures and oversee budget forecast adjustments based on programming needs;
- Ensure the project is implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase-out and sustainability;
- Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS branding and marketing requirements and procedures;
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze, and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
- Master’s degree in international development, International Relations, or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred;
- 7 or more years of relevant management and technical experience;
- 5 years’ experience managing donor funds, including multi-country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management;
- 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
Required Languages Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required for this position.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgments and decisions;
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- A recognized leader in the sector as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience in successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics;
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy is a plus;
- Ability to represent and present at high levels;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org