CCI is seeking a highly motivated and experienced International Fundraiser to join our team. This position will play a crucial role in securing international grants and funding to support our programmes and initiatives around the world. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in fundraising, particularly in successfully obtaining international grants and securing funding from diverse sources.
Base: International Scope, Home-based, with occasional travel
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Research and Identify Funding Opportunities
Grant Proposal Development
· With the ED and the CCI Board (and later in collaboration with the Programme Coordinator) to develop targeted and compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with the organisation's strategic goals.
· Prepare high-quality proposals/grant applications, including budgets, project narratives, monitoring framework for impact assessments, and any additional documentation required.
· Tailor proposals to meet the specific requirements and expectations of each funding opportunity.
Relationship Building and Networking
· Cultivate relationships with international funding agencies, philanthropic organisations, corporate partners, and other potential global donors to expand CCI's network and funding base.
· With the ED, identify and create new relationships with high net-worth individuals to expand CCI's funding base.
· Utilize networks, platforms and other avenues to enhance the CCI brand and increase our network and relationships towards attracting potential donors.
· Assist the ED in developing an effective fundraising strategy aligned with CCI's strategic plan.
· If and when required, attend conferences, workshops, and fundraising events to build connections, to identify and develop funding opportunities.
· With ED, maintain regular communication with existing donors, keeping them informed about CCI's progress and impact.
Grant Management and Reporting
Marketing and Events
· With the ED, evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communication techniques and assist in make necessary adjustments.
· Reach a greater number of supporters and donors through innovative marketing strategies; including, with the ED, the creation of new and innovative fundraising events, or the linking of current events and campaigns to fundraising outcomes.
· Collaborate with the ED and the board member with the Communications Portfolio on the development of communications and marketing materials.
General Fundraising Responsibilities
· Support the Board, members and ED on international campaigns and events, including ICCD and Gold September.
· Any other fundraising activity as requested by the ED.
· A tertiary qualification, degree (or higher qualification) in a relevant field (for example in international development, marketing or communications).
· A minimum of proven three years experience in international fundraising, grant writing, and securing funding from diverse sources.
· Familiarity with international grant databases, donor directories, and funding portals.
· Excellent research and analytical skills.
· Strong writing skills with the ability to craft persuasive and compelling grant proposals.
· Experience in developing budgets for grant applications.
· Ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· 40,000 to 43,000 Euros per annum, plus incentive bonus
Contract position, 37 hour week, flexible, remote work
· 22 days leave per annum
· This position may require occasional travel to attend conferences, meetings, and fundraising events (costs of which will be covered by the organisation).
· Work hours may vary depending on project deadlines and time zone differences when dealing with international partners and donors.
Join our global community and the passionate team at Childhood Cancer International (CCI) and contribute to improving the lives of children and adolescents with cancer worldwide. Apply today!