CARE seeks an Equity and Inclusion (E&I) Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Nutrition Activity in Nepal. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s commitment and capacity to improve nutrition outcomes and to ensure a healthy and productive workforce in Nepal. The project will accomplish this by improving the nutrition and health standards of women and children via better maternal, newborn, and child health services and strengthened policies, systems, and programs that improve the health and nutritional status of women, adolescents, and children.
The E&I Advisor will provide strategic leadership and technical guidance for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), ensuring that GESI principles, practices, and guidelines are mainstreamed into and across private sector engagement, social change (SBC), and digital innovation activities. The Advisor will apply GESI strategies, guidelines, and tools for project analysis and adaptation, and provide strategic capacity support to the program team. The Advisor will closely work with program and M&E team members in the setting of E&I program targets and the subsequent development of gender and social inclusive and disability-responsive monitoring systems and mechanisms.
This position is pending donor approval and funding.
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Build capacity of government and program team (from CARE and Consortium members), partners and other stakeholders in GESI, enhancing their skills in delivering equity and inclusion initiatives including gender equality and integrating governance across program activities.
- Develop, adapt, and apply tools and strategies for mainstreaming GESI and disability considerations across the program. Conduct analysis incorporating gender equality and support the incorporation of the findings into project planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Contribute to design and participate in formative research on GESI and disability related to household, community, and system-level change.
- Develop mechanisms and processes to scale up successful practices and results related to gender equality, social inclusion, and disability.
- Collaborate with the M&E team to conduct monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities from gender and social inclusion perspective including impact measurement, and lead/support documentation of gender equality and social inclusion-related outputs, outcomes, and lessons.
- Establish partnerships with government line agencies, project partners, market actors, and other stakeholders for effective implementation of gender and social inclusion interventions.
- Coordinate and strengthen networks of gender and social inclusion focal institutions/experts including donors, partners, civil society, and non-government organizations.
- Develop learning briefs and position papers capturing the best practices and recommendations on mainstreaming GESI in all project components.
- Lead/Support policy discourse and advocacy on the issues relating to gender and social inclusion.
- Master’s degree in social science, gender studies, women studies, or relevant field.
- 5–8 years of experience leading GESI analysis and implementation on internationally-funded activities in Nepal.
- Demonstrated expertise in GESI mainstreaming including applying GESI frameworks to private sector engagement, social and behavior change work, and digital interventions in the health and nutrition sector.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement GESI tools, strategies, and action plans.
- Experience applying participatory accountability tools and approaches.
- Experience conducting in-depth gender-based research and analysis, including community-led-participatory assessment/analysis.
- Excellent skills in GESI-focused capacity strengthening for organizations and individuals.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, strong coordination, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to PSHEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Harassment, and Abuse).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and fluency in Nepali.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org