At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Government Affairs Manager to join our team. The goal of a Government Affairs Manager at Wisk is to ensure that the policies and regulations are established to enable autonomous air taxi commercial operations. You will be part of the Global Partnerships team that works to ensure all of the policy, regulatory, and ecosystem components are in place in time for entry into service.
Why we need you:
- The successful candidate is a well-respected aviation professional who has an interest in shaping aviation policy for new markets and certifying new, emerging technologies. You have both direct and recent experience in influencing U.S. aviation policy - including representing aviation manufacturers in Washington DC who are pursuing new and innovative technologies and/or use cases. In this role, the candidate must be self-starter, well organized, flexible, and motivated to help establish the next era of safe, autonomous aviation.
What you will do:
- As part of the Global Partnerships organization, you will act as a strategic representative of Wisk to stakeholders at the highest levels of and throughout the US government.
- You will take part in the development and execution of strategies to influence legislation, regulation, and other public policies of strategic interest to Wisk in key jurisdictions.
- You will support Wisk certification and state/local teams to inform policy positions and ensure that advocacy is aligned with Wisk’s business priorities and values.
- You will help support problem solving activities by identifying and analyzing global policy developments that are relevant to Wisk and engage key internal and external stakeholders to develop company positions.
- You will help identify and coordinate policy needs, objectives, and strategies.
- You will serve as Wisk’s representative to leaders at the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Congressional transportation committees (Members and staff), and aviation industry associations and representatives.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with various cross-functional teams throughout Wisk, including certification, engineering, global partnerships, communications, and Asia-Pacific team members - working to ensure policies and positions are aligned throughout the company.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, policy, business, international relations, engineering, or similar required. Postgraduate degrees are preferred.
- Acquired 8+ years of experience working in senior government functions related to aviation, transportation, and other agencies, with specific experience in strategic planning, industry relations, oversight, and support for agency and political leaders. Specific, demonstrated, and successful experience working with the DOT/FAA and relevant stakeholders of the United States Congress.
- Demonstrated and successful experience in working professionally with and related to senior leaders, including government leaders, political appointees, elected officials, and/or foreign diplomats.
- Hands-on experience - shaping aviation policy for new markets and certifying new technologies.
- Strong and applied understanding of aviation policy, guidance, and rulemaking processes.
- Member of highly focused and successful teams.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$116,484 - $137,040 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $116,484 - $137,040 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org