Contract 12 month minimum commitment, Starting April 2017
Type Full time, Monday to Friday
Hours of Work 07:45 - 16:00
This is a full time, permanent position and the successful applicant will report directly to the Foundation Coordinator in Guatemala. Direct reports to the Head of Education are the Head of the Primary School, Head of Básico and the English Coordinator and Technical Director. Additionally, there are 31 teachers. The Head of Education will be responsible for overall programme development, administration and supervision of EFTC´s educational programmes, both in English and Spanish to ensure a cohesive curriculum, standardised processes, evaluation of results and corrective measures to ensure that the school standards meet and exceed the Guatemalan curriculum demands.
- Lead, coordinate and motivate all staff within the Education Department.
- Develop and enhance the overall English curriculum for EFTC´s School of Hope in collaboration with the English Coordinator, with special focus on innovative approaches and methods.
- Liaise closely with the Management Team, on a regular basis, to develop and support Foundation initiatives that promote EFTC, the School of Hope and its work in Guatemala and the local community.
- Set goals for school management team, aligning them to the school strategy, and conduct evaluations.
- Provide regular progress reports for Guatemalan, UK and US Management on student, staff and programme development.
- Create and enhance qualitative and quantitative systems to monitor student and staff performance on a regular basis
- Oversee the exam process, develop quarterly exams in line with the school and curriculum objectives
- Develop policies and procedures for overall efficient and effective operation of the EFTC Education Department.
- Identify training needs of teachers and school administration staff and develop appropriate professional development programmes with clear and concise outcomes of improvement.
- Establish and develop partnerships with external organizations that can provide support, guidance and enhance current curricula and additional educational programmes.
- Identify opportunities for the school and students to participate in extracurricular activities, events and competitions both locally and nationally.
- Liaise with school administrators and head masters to develop a Summer School curriculum for students commencing in November for a period of 6 weeks.
- Be involved in the recruitment of new teachers and provide management for the induction process.
- Promote the EFTC mission, vision and core value at all times!
We are based in Jocotenango, 5 min drive from the beautiful town of Antigua, 40 min from Guatemala City airport.
The applicant must be bilingual (Spanish and English).
Using a covering letter detailing how you match the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined in the job description and person specification, and how you would fit into the team.
To apply for this position or to request additional information, please contact:
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*