Accion’s Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS) team provides experienced operational and management support to strengthen our partners and maximize their impact. We leverage innovations in financial services to lower cost and increase quality at scale, and thus help to build sustainable and scalable institutions focused on serving the financial needs of underserved individuals and small businesses. To that end, we work with organizations in emerging markets across Latin America, Africa and Asia to help them plan, implement, scale and enhance technologies and business models that can reduce bottlenecks and catalyze the growth of financial services.
The Knowledge and Collaboration (K&C) function within GLAS is dedicated to gathering and sharing Accion’s intellectual capital. K&C strengthens the linkages between internal stakeholders, exposes GLAS team members to new business models and trends and shares its learnings with the broader industry, positioning Accion as a thought leader and a partner of choice. This is a one year position with the possibility for extension.
The Knowledge and Collaboration Associate plays an important role within GLAS in helping further financial inclusion by contributing to the development of a world-class services organization, delivering high-quality services to support innovative companies. The Associate will work on the dissemination of information to maximize the demonstration effects, showcase lessons learned and build Accion’s brand as a thought leader in the financial inclusion space. The responsibilities of this function include:
Research and Thought Leadership (60%)
The K&C Associate will work closely with GLAS Advisors and Managers as well as internal and external stakeholders to accomplish the following:
- Identify opportunities to develop and showcase GLAS’ learnings, research and innovations within Accion’s current advisory projects and priority topic areas.
- Outline and support an engagement plan for the thought leadership deliverables for key external stakeholders including other providers, partners, and funders.
- Research and develop materials that capture Accion’s intellectual capital through the creation of a variety of thought leadership pieces such as case studies, lessons learned briefs, blogs, articles and other content.
- Lead story framing, information gathering/synthesis, analysis, and the production of thought leadership pieces
- Translate Accion staff’s expertise into media and digital opportunities,
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to “productize” frameworks and tools in priority technical areas.
- Conduct research on sector trends and innovations within Accion’s key areas of focus: Data Analytics, Customer Engagement and Experience, Automation of Business Operations and Processes, Digital Payments and Branchless Banking, and Digital Lending.
- Provide communications support including shaping and executing a strategy for social media and other external communications and managing the team’s involvement in executing on that agenda.
- Assist in the development of marketing collateral to showcase and communicate Accion’s work, prioritizing key messages for external stakeholders
- Organize the gathering of internal stakeholders around relevant priority issues facing GLAS
- Work across teams, departments and our institutional partners seeking opportunities to expose GLAS team members to new business models, innovative operational models, and trends through a variety of learning methods including brown bag lunches, small group meetings, workshops, , webinars, etc.
- Organize deep dives into Venture Lab and Quona portfolio companies with the goal of furthering GLAS’ understanding of innovative business models.
- Leverage relationships and a global network to gather and share stories and insights from our advisory team and partners.
- Organize regular informal debriefs with GLAS project teams to showcase our work and share information.
- Support initiatives within the GLAS team as needed such as content management, business development, proposal writing, and creating project plans for advisory services delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, or another related field; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience through a combination of consulting/advisory services with working exposure to financial services and strategy. Hands on operating experience in the field preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends in financial inclusion and digital financial services preferred.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and passion for market-based solutions to poverty
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; comfortable working independently and confident to query senior managers
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, motivate others and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to embody Accion’s values of excellence, respect and passion for social change
- English fluency required, and strong preference for advanced proficiency in a second language relevant to GLAS operations (Spanish and Mandarin)
- Experience working in Africa, Latin America or Asia preferred
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*