To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s programs in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), as well as other SSA program coordination and partnership development efforts.
· Provide technical coordination and operational support to programs in sub-Saharan Africa, including regular support and interface with IYF’s field staff and local partners.
· Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts in particular.
· Assist with the development of communications/marketing materials for the region.
· Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
· Coordinate and track the processing of program procurements, staff recruitment, and other related tasks.
· Assist with tracking and regular reporting of monitoring and evaluation data for programs in sub-Saharan Africa.
· Assist the Program Director and the Program Manager in drafting MOUs, contracts and agreements, detailed implementation plans, and quarterly reports.
· Assist project teams, including with arrangement of flights, lodging, meetings, workshops/events (including agendas/materials), securing visas, and other relevant travel documents and expense reports.
· Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of country gap/situation analyses in workforce development, entrepreneurship and employability issues, monitoring/ evaluation, proposal preparation, and for other regional information needs.
· Complete other tasks as assigned.
· Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Written and verbal Proficiency in French or Portuguese preferred.
· Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
· Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Detail-oriented, with excellent time management and administrative/organizational skills. Thorough knowledge and experience in building office systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
· Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
· Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to travel internationally as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, Economics, International Relations, Public Policy) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
· Work experience in sub-Saharan Africa highly desirable.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services preferred.
· Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*