UTC Government Relations is seeking a summer intern help the International Government Relations team protect and advance UTC’s business interests around the world. Candidates should have strong interests in international affairs, including global trade and investment, and in the development, implementation, and enforcement of government policies bearing on international business. Among other work, the selected candidate can be expected to research and analyze U.S. legislation, international regulatory proposals, and political developments in key foreign markets with an eye to their potential impact on UTC’s international business operations.
Candidates can expect to work with the UTC International Government Relations team to:
1) Monitor the development and implementation of U.S. and foreign government policies of interest to UTC and its business units;
2) Attend meetings with corporate and business unit colleagues as well as with U.S. and foreign government officials;
3) Attend and prepare reports on external events relating to UTC’s international policy objectives and business activities, including legislative and federal agency hearings, trade association meetings, think tank events, and industry conferences;
4) Research and prepare analyses of significant political developments as they occur, with an emphasis on their potential impact on UTC business operations; and
5) Assist with the preparation of briefing materials to support meetings the company’s senior executives have with U.S. and foreign government officials.
Qualification: Applicant must be Microsoft Office proficient
Education: Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in International Business, International Affairs, Political Science, or a related field. A minimum of 3.0 GPA required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org