The Partnership for a Secure America (PSA) is seeking an Executive Director to lead all aspects of growing non-profit, including day-to-day functions while shaping and executing a strategic long term vision and plan for the organization. PSA is a nonprofit founded in 2005 by former U.S. Representative Lee Hamilton (D-IN) and the late former Senator Warren Rudman (R-NH) to advance bipartisanship in addressing today’s national security and foreign policy challenges. Leveraging the leadership of its distinguished Advisory Board, PSA forges common ground and fashions thoughtful, fact-based policy that promotes America’s national interests.
The organization publishes periodic public statements on issues of national interest and runs a well-regarded array of Capitol Hill programs—including the bipartisan Congressional Partnership Program, Legislative Negotiation Training Program (in partnership with Harvard/American University/Kluge Center at the Library of Congress), Conflict Briefing Series (in partnership with the United States Institute of Peace), and various other initiatives.
PSA offers the opportunity for an outstanding individual to help guide important consensus-building on critical challenges facing the U.S. today and to make a significant impact on improving the foreign and national security policy making process.
- Supervise the development and management of all PSA programs, including periodic high-level issue statements, the Congressional Partnership Program, and popular Capitol Hill briefing/training initiatives, among other activities.
- Provide the vision and direction for future PSA programs and initiatives.
- Develop and oversee a budget for all aspects of PSA's operations, including fund raising to support PSA programs and general operations.
- Develop and enhance relationships with governmental and non-governmental organizations to further PSA's mission.
- Function as the main representative and public voice of PSA's bipartisan mission at public events, programming initiatives, and before the media.
- Create and oversee activities to expand the reach of the organization, including outreach through the Advisory Board, op-ed writing and publication, new event series, social media optimization, and other activities.
- Lead interaction with PSA's Advisory Board and Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain administrative procedures as necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization in compliance with PSA policies and procedures.
- An entrepreneurial and proven leader with the vision, leadership qualities, fundraising abilities, and dedication to bring Partnership for a Secure America to a new level of excellence.
- Creative thinker and proven manager with the ability to create and implement a strategic plan for a changing organization and leverage the organization's Advisory Board and Board of Directors to advance the organization's mission.
- 7-10 years of professional experience, including significant time managing staff and budgets.
- Strong professional/educational background in foreign policy and national security issues.
- Senior level experience on relevant policy issues in Congress.
- Objective attitude with experience navigating various political perspectives to achieve consensus on challenging issues.
- Significant experience managing fund raising activities, with direct responsibility handling donor relations with foundations, individuals, and corporations. Grant writing experience a plus.
- Background in public relations, including press outreach, public speaking, op-ed writing, and digital media.
- An understanding of, and ability to work effectively in, a nonprofit organization.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should email a resume, cover letter and list of three references, to PSA Selection Committee. Hiring decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
PSA is an equal opportunity employer
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org