World Pulse seeks an advocacy professional experienced in global issues to build and test a focused, scalable strategy to leverage the voices, insights, recommendations, and success stories from World Pulse’s network to create advocacy wins (defined as: policy change, behavior change, or resource allocation for women and girls).
The Digital Advocacy Strategist will:
- Build and test a focused strategy to amplify grassroots leaders’ voices, sourced from World Pulse's community, for advocacy purposes;
- Identify target audiences and iterate strategy against multiple targets such as media, advocacy organizations, policymakers, and institutions;
- Identify and map existing advocacy organizations, influencers, and coalitions with whom World Pulse should forge strategic collaborations;
- Explore potential of a fee-for-service model to connect media, foundations, and international bodies with grassroots voices;
- Develop and pilot a scalable strategy, including digital platform recommendations, to create advocacy wins on the ground, across multiple regions and topics;
- The right individual will have an exciting opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to build and roll out an advocacy communications strategy that furthers World Pulse’s vision to create a world where all women thrive.
SCHEDULE & DELIVERABLES
This is a 6-month contract with three distinct phases:
- Discovery and creation of draft strategy to test and iterate.
- Test and iterate strategy using pre-identified advocacy-win prospects from World Pulse’s community;
- Disseminate and field test existing content packages, reports, and individual stories and member campaigns to World Pulse advocacy partners; new, identified forums; and media outlets;
- Prepare various collateral pieces for identified audiences.
- Based on findings, create a replicable advocacy playbook for World Pulse’s use;
- Explore potential of a fee-for-service model to connect media, foundations, and international bodies with grassroots voices
- Experience in international relations, policymaking, advocacy, public relations, media relations, and/or grassroots movement building;
- Natural collaboration and bridge-building skills;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, agile work environment;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changing priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and a thirst for learning;
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels – a hands-on team player.
The Digital Advocacy Strategist will work closely with World Pulse’s:
- Director of Storytelling;
- VP of Partnership and Development;
- Director of Community.
S/he will also consult with:
- Director of Marketing and Communications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org