The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking highly-qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director to manage events, partnerships, and special initiatives in the San Francisco office. This full-time position will report to the City Director, San Francisco, in the Development and Outreach Department.
1. Manage relationships with key partners, advocates, and influencers to engage their networks, strengthen the Bay Area human rights community, and expand HRW’s impact;
2. Create and produce compelling events, panel discussions, and speaker series that highlight HRW’s work and more deeply educate and engage the Bay Area community on human rights issues;
3. Manage communications with and create content for the San Francisco Committee and donor community including programmatic updates, social media, and targeted outreach;
4. Bring together leaders for select initiatives and help to manage special interest groups, advocacy efforts, and committee activities;
5. Collaborate with the San Francisco team to identify potential philanthropic partners, investors, and leaders; Develop engagement strategies to deepen these relationships;
6. Assist the Director in expanding the San Francisco human rights community and philanthropic partnerships by creating meaningful experiences and educational opportunities;
7. Represent the work of HRW to partners, investors, leaders, and the Bay Area community;
8. Track team budgets, metrics, reports, and expenses; Ensure resources are allocated appropriately;
9. Lead engaging, productive meetings; Create agendas, prepare background materials, and conduct follow-up; and
10. Perform other tasks, as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, communications/marketing, or related studies is required. An advanced degree in human rights, communications/marketing, or philanthropy is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of five years of marketing/communications, fundraising, or event management experience and demonstrated success in managing large-scale events or projects are required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Ability to effectively build relationships and engage with a variety of leaders, partners, committee members, and board members is required.
2. Creativity, initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills are required.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
4. Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within HRW as well as with external partners are required.
5. Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning skills, and ability to work well under pressure are required.
6. Demonstrated commitment to human rights issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of HRW are required.
7. Strong computer skills are required. Experience with donor databases and knowledge of social media are highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
Human Rights Watch is strong because it is diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Human Rights Watch does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org