Program Administrative Specialist, APRO. London. Posting Date: 01/02/2020. Deadline: 01/24/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your administrative and organizational skills? We are seeking a Program Administrative Specialist
to provide high level administrative support to all program staff, including grant making activities, contracts, conferences and other program functions.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Asia Pacific Program , the Southeast Asia Program works with local, regional and international partners to enhance governance and equity in economic practice, support civic engagement and participation in challenging environments, and strengthen regional platforms for human rights. For more information click here . As a Program Administrative Specialist at Open Society, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Provide administrative support - take detailed meeting notes, synthesize key information, update key documents and calendars that track selection cycles and grant progress and organise and maintain the shared drive, electronic files, and databases
- Take the lead on preparing Management Commitment (rollover) submissions and drafting input for the Operating Status Questionnaire and other similar processes.
- Liaise with vendors, Accounting/Finance and consultants to assist with compliance and procurement processes;manage associated contracts and payments. Utilize Concur and NetSuite to process expense reports, invoices and reimbursements.
- Manage team/unit's budgets, including planning, tracking, and variance monitoring and reporting and perform operational work to support team, which includes managing most issues independently, identifying needs and developing/implementing solutions.
- Review reports and other documents for compliance, accuracy, and readability, including data to ensure for accuracy and completion.
- Assist with processing grants as well as identify and implement grants-related best practices. In addition to this assist with complex events planning and related travel, logistics, and budgets.
Desirable (but not required):
- Knowledge of grant making or other related processes.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and proactive problem solving skills with demonstrated experience and desire to make operations run smoothly and efficiently
- High proficiency with office technology and software used by OSF, including the Microsoft Office suite. Must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems.
- Proficiency in using data management and visualization platforms and databases (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, Foundation Maps, etc.).
- Ability to set up processes, systems, and workflows and ensure adherence to completion according to organizational policies.
- Experience with record keeping, budgeting management, and finance administration is crucial.
What we offer:
- Will ideally have administrative experience at a large and complex organization.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- 25 paid holiday, flexible work arrangements, private medical coverage, a generous retirement savings plan, up to one year of paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of a Program Administrative Specialist at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note: this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.