Under the overall responsibility and guidance of the Head of the Policy & Programme Support Unit and the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist, the incumbent will provide support on migrant protection and assistance related issues, as follows:
- Support the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist with tasks linked to assistance to vulnerable migrants, as necessary;
- If and when delegated by the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist, review, edit and coordinate inputs to project proposals, reports and other documents provided by IOM country offices for approval for submission/ endorsement. In this regard, particular attention will be placed in the development, follow up and reporting on the centrally funded/managed projects under the European Union Actions;
- Contribute to capacity building of IOM country offices in the region, governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, by providing support to the development of training materials and delivering training;
- Assist in liaising with IOM country offices and contribute to strengthening their Migrant Protection and Assistance portfolios through resource mobilization, identification of donors’ priorities, strategies and related funding opportunities at European institutions level, including assistance in designing regional and multi-country programmes;
- Contribute to the thematic knowledge sharing and regional knowledge management efforts, including through the participation in production and maintenance of knowledge management tools;
- Support the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist in monitoring, briefing on EU policy developments in the AVM thematic area, drafting public information documents, articles, statistics and reports on IOM activities, for internal and external distribution, including public, private and EU partner institutions;
- Contribute to regional policy development by conducting research on the conditions that lead to vulnerability of migrants, future trends relevant to IOM activities in the EU and in third countries, and by conducting policy analysis and drafting documents;
- Assist in collecting lessons learned and compiling good practices in the area of project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, systematic involvement of beneficiaries, external communication strategies, application of a gender perspective in projects and activities, to be shared with the IOM country offices in the region;
- Assist in preparing/organizing information meetings, visits of delegations in coordination with appropriate RO Brussels and country office colleagues (seminars, conferences: venue, agenda, meetings, draft reports, logistical arrangements, etc);
- Draft meeting reports and minutes; routine correspondence, letters, reports, memoranda, as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM operational and administrative matters. Provide additional administrative support to the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist;
- Support the implementation of AVM’s communication framework by supporting the organization of virtual webinars, drafting of AVMs newsletter, among other;
- Undertake any assigned duty travel and participate in meetings as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree in European studies, international relations, political science, law, business administration with 3 years of relevant professional experience including direct experience with and exposure to the EU environment related to migration both in terms of liaison and resource mobilization or administrative support;
- Completed high school degree from an accredited institution with 5 years of relevant professional experience including direct experience with and exposure to the EU environment related to migration both in terms of liaison and resource mobilization or administrative support.
- Good knowledge of the EU, its structure and funding mechanisms;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge on migration issues: counter-smuggling, counter-trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants especially Unaccompanied Migrant children and protection of children in the context of migration in general;
- Excellent writing, drafting, editing and reporting skills;
- Very good organisational skills.
- Fluency in English and French are required. Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential;
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential;
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org