Chemonics seeks an the Economic, Growth, and Trade practice intern. Under the direction of a supervisor, the intern is integrated into the daily work of a Chemonics unit and performs technical, new business, and project management tasks as needed. The intern also participates in professional development activities and practice networks to gain an understanding of the international development field and Chemonics’ technical areas.
The Economic Growth and Trade (EGT) Practice intern will support the EGT Practice Management Team in leading industry outreach, supporting project management and competitive proposals, and spurring innovation. The EGT practice seeks to advance technical excellence and development impact in the areas of trade and regulatory reform, entrepreneurship and enterprise development, financial services, public financial management, and business enabling environment. Learn more about our Technical Practice areas here: https://www.chemonics.com/technical-areas/.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with research, planning, and implementation of strategic corporate initiatives related to the EGT sector
- Conduct research, gathering information about Chemonics’ past performance, potential partners and subcontractors, and identifying common trends and best practices in the EGT sector
- Draft technical knowledge products such as newsletters and one-pagers for internal and external communications
- Assist in the development and upkeep of the EGT practice’s files and proposal support tools, including trackers, databases, and other technical resources
- Contribute to efforts to capture, analyze, and share Chemonics’ experiences, capabilities, and lessons learned related to the technical area
- Assist members of proposal teams as assigned, performing tasks such as CV writing, analyzing loss letters, assisting with past performance reports, and providing technical research for proposals to learn the fundamentals of new business development
- Attend team meetings and develop agendas and action items as requested
- Shadow one project management unit in select tasks to learn the functions of a home office-based project management team or shadow another team in the division on select tasks to learn the range of home-office functions
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn about the international development industry
- Foster and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree required, focus in economics, finance, policy, international relations, business administration, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Excellent research, analytical, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated interest in international development
- Demonstrated interest and experience in economic growth and trade practice preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work on a team and independently on projects and tasks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Additional language skills preferred
- Regular attendance and availability during normal business hours are required.
- Ability to work in a normal office environment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Normal office environment; usually moderate noise level..
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org